Remeber the local track that got saved from becomming a drainage ditch? Not saved.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Apparently the local track some of you may remember me speaking of a little while ago was supposed to be safe after city council voted to keep it 8-7.

The agreement was that the terms for the new lease would be similar to the terms of the old lease.

Well apparently if they couldn't kill the track with a vote they would do it this way.

http://www.secalgarynews.com/news/c...t-increase-on-race-city-and-related-nonsense/

That's right since our mayor couldn't kill the track for his precious drainage ditch through council he's just going to raise the lease rate by 3000% suddenly!

WTF!!!!! Can you believe the Nazi city I live in?

Can you imagine what would happen if any city, your city, came to you and said ya, man you can stay, but your rent is going up 3000%. Have a nice day!

This is total bullshit!

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
that sucks.... i was planning on making a road trip up that way in the summer of next year sorry to hear.. hopefully things will change

AJK

Oct 28, 2007
Calgary
I haven't even been yet. : (

Well it's street racing for me. (Hope Bronconier's listening) Yes the very dangerous street racing kind where amateurs kill innocent by-standers. (Open Racecity)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Flateric;1459510 said:
Your always so mean! LOL

Not mean, just saying, MOVE! Snow sucks, you already know that, AND no track, which is also fail. If you like both of those things, great, stay where you are. ;)

Duane

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
If you're young enough, don't give a shit, and have nothing to lose find out where your Mayor lives. Get a bunch of guys with the same qualities as above and street race all night in his neighborhood. Just be prepared to get arrested, car impounded, and pay hefty penatly fees though. Personally I have too much to lose, and old enough to know better not to do it.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Politicians?

More like lying, cheating, backstabbing criminals.

They should all be run out of office with pitchforks and torches.

kozzman555

Sep 8, 2009
Ft. Benning, GA
Suprapowaz!(2);1459676 said:
If you're young enough, don't give a shit, and have nothing to lose find out where your Mayor lives. Get a bunch of guys with the same qualities as above and street race all night in his neighborhood. Just be prepared to get arrested, car impounded, and pay hefty penatly fees though. Personally I have too much to lose, and old enough to know better not to do it.

youre a much nicer person than i

Shaz

You are being, illogical
Jan 12, 2009
Brownslow, London

I will post you all British number plates. Like to see them give those a ticket :-D

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Oh maybe have a cruise night every weekend up and down his street. Blasting the music loud as hell, revving the engines up and down his street right in front of his house. As long as you guys aren't doing any moving violations there shouldn't be a problem with the police. Just remember when they show up to tone down the music and other noise. Make sure you guys hit all of his neighbors streets as well so they can enjoy the car show too. Oh, and just make sure there isn't some kind of ordinance against cruising.

Ya'll can have a car meet to where everybody just parks their cars in front of people's house, and walk around and chat with one another. Nothing illegal about that right? Music playing just below the legal limits. You know, stuff like that.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Except for one little (big) small hole in that plan. Remember this guy makes the rules do whatever he wishes, regardless of legally binding contracts, regardless of publicly agreeing to honour the terms of the previous contract when negotiating the new terms. And on top of that (I'm not sure how many have really read the link I posted, but you should it's actually an entertaining read) he has stated that if the track does manage to miraculously get the 3000% increaded rent together then the city has just approved a storm sewer project that would have the unfortunate result of inconviently preventing access to the track.

But access would only be cut off to the track from the begining of spring until approximately 4-5 months later. At which point access would be fully restored.

Up this far north we are lucky to have 4 months that sports CAN even be driven at all. 4-5 months is the entire racing season and then some up here.

Oh, and of course he still has to pay his 3000% rent increase during this time when he cannot earn a penny cause no one can GET to the track. Or of course he is in default on the terms of lease and the city becomes the owner of the property. Obviously at that point the land will be turned into this drainage ditch, that only he wants.

He is not even open to hearing possibilites of a combined drainage ditch runnoff such as many other cities have successfully created. He is determined that NO TRACK exist in the city of calgary.

He is easily our most corrupt and crooked mayor that I am aware of.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
upgradedsupra;1459514 said:
Not mean, just saying, MOVE! Snow sucks, you already know that, AND no track, which is also fail. If you like both of those things, great, stay where you are. ;)

Duane

I sure do like NOT having to pay an additional 7% on whatever I purchase though...

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
adampecush;1460109 said:
I sure do like NOT having to pay an additional 7% on whatever I purchase though...

lol, ok, but, you can have your rusted out cars because they are ruined after a few years in that snow, salt and pot hole infested city. :biglaugh: You can also factor in the boots, gloves, salt, shovels, winter tires etc... I only need wipers and can wear a T shirt most of the year. :D

So, that 7% is out the window, try again. ;)

On a better note, I hope you guys keep your track, without it will suck.

Duane

TomFraser

mayor will only get pissed and even more determined to shut the track down. Make sure you educate the public on his terrible policies so he will not have another term as mayor.