reduced size ac condensor?

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
I was wondering if anyone has ever used a smaller sized ac condensor inorder to keep ac but reduce the airflow restriction that it causes and if this would even be feasible.
When i bought my car with a 1j swap the condensor was not there but it seems that all the lines are there, and are the us specs ac condensors the same as the one id use for a 1jz ac compressor? thanks

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I had a parallel flow condensor made for mine. It's a replacement for the stock one. If you want to go smaller, there are other universal options available. You want to go with a parallel flow for efficiency... especially if you need to go with a smaller one. The stock one is a serpentine and less efficient. Take a measurement for the size necessary and search for my "Project Chill" thread. There is a link to the place that provided the stock-replacement condensor, as well as one to a place in AZ which supplies all kinds of A/C components (cheaply). They have dozens of universal options available. I even looked at condensores on Ebay, from all kinds of other cars. can be had very inexpensively, in the size you might be seeking.

Good luck!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Satan;1517741 said:
I had a parallel flow condensor made for mine. It's a replacement for the stock one. If you want to go smaller, there are other universal options available. You want to go with a parallel flow for efficiency... especially if you need to go with a smaller one. The stock one is a serpentine and less efficient. Take a measurement for the size necessary and search for my "Project Chill" thread. There is a link to the place that provided the stock-replacement condensor, as well as one to a place in AZ which supplies all kinds of A/C components (cheaply). They have dozens of universal options available. I even looked at condensores on Ebay, from all kinds of other cars. can be had very inexpensively, in the size you might be seeking.

Good luck!
ie: Header tank either side and tubes between?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Depends a bit on the refrigerant used as well. R12 is a far better refrigerant and doesn't need a very large condenser or an efficient one. If you look at the condersers on new cars they're HUGE and they are parallel flow so they can get about the same performance as an R12 system with R134.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Found it... ackits.com.

Running a stock-sized PF condensor w/my 2J and no overheating/cooling issues at all, using 2J mechanical fan/clutch.

Hope it helps.