Redneck Rebuild

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
My car has been sporting the stock rims since I got her back on the road. Last week "Mid-Life Crisis" got a new set of shoes. The custom shop I hang out at had a set of rims and tires from a Chrysler Conquest sitting out back of the shop. The fronts were 225/50zr/16 and the backs were 245/50zr/16. Since I was doing some brake work we tried the rims. To our surprise the rims fit with no clearence issues. The Supra looks so much better with the rims and tires. The car is starting to look mean.

HFS!!! The car handles differently. I took the car through some twisties and man no shaking, no shuddering she held onto the road and stayed in the lane. It looks like I lowered the front end and the rear tires stick out from the fenders. Old school muscle car style.

Pics will be posted on my Cardomain website as soon as I get time to transfer the pics from the camera.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2972827

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
I was running the same size tires on stock rims on the rear and the back end would lose grip in the twisties. The increased offset has widen the stance of the car and improved the traction considerably. I'll take traction and control over looks any day.

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
I'm keeping the offset so I can run slicks at the strip. As I said before the offset has increased the wheel stance giving me better traction.