Redlining at WOT.

billwert

Sep 25, 2007
Naylor
Ok so not to long ago I was having problems with a faulty TPS. Well I got that fixed and about a week after that my car just suddenly started going high in the rpm range in first gear at about 1/4 throttle; about 4000rpms. and would shift into second hard. When you WOT it will hit Redline and then shift into second so hard it feels like it's gonna break loose. With the ECT on it will bounce off redline three or four times and then shift into second with the same force as mentioned above. So I'm not sure if this is good or bad. I'm kinda lost as to why it all of a sudden started doing this. I like to the fact it holds out a shift longer and shifts harder but could it hurt anything? Mods are K&N filter, AEM Tru Boost set around 10psi., & Bosch bypass valve. Thanks Bill.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Fluid level reads normal? Check your kickdown cable and make sure its not hung up. Sounds like a line pressure problem to me.

billwert

Sep 25, 2007
Naylor
Last time I check fluid levels they were normal but I will check them again. Will check Kickdown cable this weekend when I'm installing my new exhaust. Thanks Bill.