Recommissioned '90 MKIII

Mkiii1990

Jun 18, 2012
Los Angeles
I bought this from the artist who put it together. Having fun getting it back on the road. Car came with a straight pipe and fuel pressure regulator which I had to change out to get it to smog. Replaced front steering boots and aligned. Now trying to get rid of a hesitation when I accellerate. Seems to happen in 3rd gear or so. Just changed coil pack and spark plugs but that didn't fix it. Any ideas?

Have the manual trans and all parts for the swap. Will wait a bit before I do that though.

Attachments

• Back of Supra.jpg
    Back of Supra.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 79
  • front of supra.jpg
    front of supra.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Garaged.jpg
    Garaged.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 74
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 65
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 83

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
OMG... molded bumpers and sides.... tisk tisk... looks good otherwise...

^this makes any sort of repair work involving those areas so much more difficult....

nrdriver

Mar 2, 2012
salem oregon
it looks ok. you have to realize this intercooler piping is long and it takes time for the turbo to spool up. just put the pedal to the medal and it winds up fast :)

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
nrdriver;1851227 said:
it looks ok. you have to realize this intercooler piping is long and it takes time for the turbo to spool up. just put the pedal to the medal and it winds up fast :)

You honestly wouldn't be able to notice a difference between long/short IC piping without a timer.

Mkiii1990

Jun 18, 2012
Los Angeles
Thanks! The young man I bought it from did the work with his father. He was sort of an apprentice to him. A lot of sanding! I'm not one for body kits myself but the quality of their work is amazing.

nrdriver

Mar 2, 2012
salem oregon
IndigoMKII;1851354 said:
You honestly wouldn't be able to notice a difference between long/short IC piping without a timer.
this small turbo has quite the curb especially if you are used to other cars. i could tell a difference just replacin the intercooler to intake pipes with 3" pipe. if you dont know the difference you dont know what your doin :)

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Body work does look good, but it's not just tasteful.

There is hope, however, check out this build thread.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...Less-Bondo-Shell-On-The-Road-Resurrection-1JZ

From this:
p1852386_1.jpg

To this:
p1852386_2.jpg