recirculating my BOV..

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I love the ricer whistle on my HKS SQV, but it's time to mature and stop showing off..

I bought a recirculation tip and it's 1 inch, just got the hose (5 feet in case I fuck up), hose fits on the tip, I just need to know what size reducer to install into my accordian pipe. All the MM, Inches and AN sizes are confusing the hell out of me..

so my quesiton is, does anyone know what size reducer to get for a 1 inch inner-diameter hose to fit into the stock accordian pipe's inlets.?

gotsomegetsome

Age Quod Agis
Mar 31, 2008
san jose
siliconeintakes.com

Look there for your solution. They have REDUCERS which reduce the size of a running line, like say a 1" tube that needs to be bent, etc

if you really want to keep your accordian pipe, then you are going to have to think outside the box. Osh is my best friend for pipe fittings and stuff
you can always just return the things

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
nice, that site may come in handy for me when im ready to go which is soon, i have a greddy type s bov on the cooleeze ic pipes with the stock afm so i want to recirculate it and need something that will connect to that and reduces to the accordion hose

i had a nice rubber hose on a bosh bov i used on the stock set up after the stock bov started fluttering that was larger on the bov end and reduced to go to the accordion hose

i don't know if that will work for this other bov though but i'll check first

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
incase anyone is wondering, the parts I used to recirculate my BOV is a 19mm - 25mm 90 degree silicone reducer hose, ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370342947412&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT ), 25mm because that's close to 1 inch (BOV tip), and 19mm since that's the size of the inlet on the accordian hose...the picture used in the auction is a bit misleading, as it's actually much longer and thinner, however that's a bonus, as the hose is much more flexible, and easier to move around, so you don't have to worry about popping things off..

I used a small 25mm joiner pipe to connect my 1inch hose to my 90 degree elbow, and tightened everything up.

the reason for all the hardware is because my BOV is right behind my passenger foglight, hidden from view, and not in the traditional location...

so there you have it folks..!

attachment.php

you can see the elbow in this pic..

attachment.php

(this wasn't final, but very close to my final set-up, as I decided to remove my windshield fluid reservior and run the hose from there, just need to cut a small hole for my hose, less bends that way, and it's alot nicer looking than having a huge hose coming out next to my filter)