Rebuilt, started, and then she is starved :(

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
My fuel is nada. The pump isnt kicking on when i cycle the key or try to start it. Like i said the car did start (twice). I decided to run wires from the battery all the way back to the pump and see if it was still working or blown. And the little bastard kicked on While i had the line disconnected in the bay so i got gas everywhere. Obviously im getting no juice to the pump, is there a fuse or something? Also it didnt start when i jumped it and turned it over at the same time. (Timing/spark is good also) :3d_frown: 1987 7mge supra...

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
Most toyota pumps only turn on once the engine is cranking or running. I dont know if its the case with ours.

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
mecevans;1640525 said:
Most toyota pumps only turn on once the engine is cranking or running. I dont know if its the case with ours.

Hmm this could very well be a possibility, I am starting to get discouraged by this. But i do not see how my car still wont start when i jump the pump. I just dont know what to do. Does not make sense.

On the intake, the vacuum line that runs to the power steering pump. Is that critical to it starting?

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
I really think it your cps. If the ecu doesnt see the cam moving it wont fire the plugs or switch on the pump.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ge has dist. Could have just jumped fp and b+ instead of running wires.

Cold start injector time switch good?
Circuit opening relay?
Afm? Check continunity between fc and e1 with plate open.

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
hvyman;1640869 said:
Ge has dist. Could have just jumped fp and b+ instead of running wires.

Cold start injector time switch good?
Circuit opening relay?
Afm? Check continunity between fc and e1 with plate open.

Okay sir, I am a part of the supra community but you just blew my mind. Were are the CSITS, COR, AFM, at and how do i test them? Also I do not know what the heck an FC is or an E1.. But i do know how to test continuity ^.^

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
Turn the key to on, walk to the front of the car, and manually open the AFM flapper door with your hand or a screwdriver. You should be able to hear the fuel pump turn on. If it doesn't work, check the AFM connector and make sure it is clean and securely fastened. If it still doesn't work either your AFM is bad or there is a short somewhere in the fuel pump circuit.

Your answers are here: http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=1

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
benchwarmer;1640976 said:
Turn the key to on, walk to the front of the car, and manually open the AFM flapper door with your hand or a screwdriver. You should be able to hear the fuel pump turn on. If it doesn't work, check the AFM connector and make sure it is clean and securely fastened. If it still doesn't work either your AFM is bad or there is a short somewhere in the fuel pump circuit.

Your answers are here: http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=1

Will do., And appreciate the link, its like a mini alldata,, but only for mk3's haha

EDIT: Eeek just realized my vsv isnt plugged up.. o_O pretty sure thats gotta be of some importance right? i mean toyota wouldn't throw on something useless correct? other than TEMS, and 100lbs of motor in the driver seat, And 4x4 suspension setup right?

Last edited:

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
When you say that you forgot to plug it in, did you forget to plug in the vaccuum lines or the plugs? The VSV's under the intake manifold are for the EGR and fuel pressure control with warm starts. I'm pretty sure it would start if the electrical wasn't plugged in, but not sure if it would start without the vaccuum routed properly with one being tied to the regulator.

You did confirm that you're getting fuel?

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=71

You should hear the pump turn on by doing the first step there.

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
radiod;1641153 said:
When you say that you forgot to plug it in, did you forget to plug in the vaccuum lines or the plugs? The VSV's under the intake manifold are for the EGR and fuel pressure control with warm starts. I'm pretty sure it would start if the electrical wasn't plugged in, but not sure if it would start without the vaccuum routed properly with one being tied to the regulator.

You did confirm that you're getting fuel?

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=71

I did not conform by way of jumping with (sst) I assume that is just a wire?.. And the VSV in not plugged up through vacuum or electric. Although it did start before so that might not be major. The EGR VSV is plugged up, and not the Warm start.

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
She's alive my friends C: I just redid all of the vacuum lines and checked sensor wires etc. , Turns out a few vacuum lines can change a Dead car to an alive one.. I appreciate the help Guys you don't know how much i appreciate advice.