Rear Tire Wear

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
I have been running Kumho Ecsta 711 245/50-16 on the rear. First set wore out pretty evenly in 10k miles. The right side was more worn than the left. OK...I push it sometimes. 2nd set now has 7k miles. The right tire is wearing out more than the left. But...the wear pattern is perfectly even across the entire tire. No sign of any shock or alignment problem, nor rear-end troubles. It does have TEMS & LSD, and brakes perfectly.

So..is this a normal thing on Supras??? I was thinking that the right tire might wear sooner because it travels more, since left-hand turns (thru the intersections) are wider turns than right-handed turns. Thus the right tire travels further during the normal time they're on the car. Any thoughts???

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
how hard of turns are you making? could be camber, toe, this that.. oh yeah... is it still under warranty? :naughty:

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
Just normal turns, mostly around town. Alignment was done last year, and all tires are wearing evenly, except that right rear, which the tread is just worn down more than the others. I may just go have the rear tires swapped over (cause they're directional) so I can put the left one on that right side.