Rear main seal problem

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
The other night I had a run in with a pre 95 turboed eclipse. Either he didn't have the skills or the power to keep up but that doesn't matter. Today while filling up I noticed a puddle under my car. I instantly thought "Not from my car." So when I get home to do some maintains and noticed the puddle followed me home and parked it's happy ass under my car. After crawling under my car I saw that it was coming from between the transmission and the back of the block. It's not a bad leak but I plan on parking the supra until it can be fixed. I guess the seal either blew or worked it's way out of place.

I knew I should have waited before opening up the motor racing ricers. :3d_frown:

Oh the mods on the supra are:

Stage 1 cams
Shaved head
Shaved deck
Cat Delete
2.5 in exhaust from the mani back
Dynomax Turbo muffler
Intake

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
Yes and you may as well replace the clutch as well if you don't know when the last time it was changed.

The fly wheel, rear main seal and clutch. Dealer price was 500$. This is one of those jobs that some of us guys don't have the tools for.

So I took mine to the dealer.

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
The clutch is brand new, flywheel is good, and the rear seal was brand new. I just blew it racing (in more ways than one). And to make matters worse now I got a fuel leak that I can't find. It's probably an loose hose or an O-ring on the fuel return line.

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
GOOD NEWS!!!!

It wasn't my rear seal. I had an injector o-ring blow out on me. I was trying to figure out where the old oil was coming from because I put in new oil less than 100 miles ago when I rebuilt my motor. So that explains the dirty oil and gas on my driveway and the gas smell. But less than 10 bucks and she's was back on the road until the right rear tire went flat. I've parked her until I can get a new tire because I hate riding on a temp tire.

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
This motor is not my racing motor. It's just my daily driver for now. I'm saving money for my other motor. I have another 7MGE sitting in the shop that I plan on doing something with.