Rear main seal help

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Having trouble getting the darn thing out, I have all the bolts removed. Some1 help me out lol.

p1673451_1.jpg

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
hvyman;1673474 said:
Oil pan might be holding it on. Pry it.

Might be a dumb question, but, you DID remove the oil pan bolts in the bottom of it as well, right? I know you said all the bolts were out, but it might have been something that was overlooked and I can't see past the lip on the pan in the pic you posted.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Yea I did, and I finally got it out. Now I need to know how to get the crankshaft bolts to break loose. They are tighter than what a cheater bar can handle. I know.. I need a service manual. I been looking for 14 months, ever since I got the car. Pic for clarification of what I'm talking about:

p1673590_1.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Dont need to remove those for rear main.

So is the engine in the car?

What are you doing?

Those are only torqued to like 75ft lbs. A breaker bar would take them off easy unless the engine is spinning still on the hoist.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Its on a engine stand, and I'm trying to replace the crankshaft. When I bought the car it had a OBX underdrive on it. I put a OEM crank pulley on it, but the damage was already done. Two weeks ago the oem pulley developed a slight wobble. Back when I put the OEM pulley on, I noticed the keyway in the crankshaft was messed up from the underdrive pulley. I found the original keyway today when I pulled the timing belt cover off. Right now I am jut hoping the motor will be ok. Thanks for TSRM link, scanning it now for info...

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
MKIIISupraGuy;1673600 said:
Its on a engine stand, and I'm trying to replace the crankshaft. When I bought the car it had a OBX underdrive on it. I put a OEM crank pulley on it, but the damage was already done. Two weeks ago the oem pulley developed a slight wobble. Back when I put the OEM pulley on, I noticed the keyway in the crankshaft was messed up from the underdrive pulley. I found the original keyway today when I pulled the timing belt cover off. Right now I am jut hoping the motor will be ok. Thanks for TSRM link, scanning it now for info...

How does a Breaker bar fail on those bolts? Im assuming you need a BIGGER one.
& if you ever need the keys that go on the crank, go to Toyota. Tell them you need the "Woodruff keys" that go on a 6M/7M crank. whatever you have.