Rear BBK anyone?

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Ok done a lot of reading on this, I have my EVO calipers on the way..

Can someone tell me if how much clearance there is from the top of the STI rotor to the caliper?

Is there an extra 16 MM of clearance?

Last edited:

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I've re-read that a few times, and there's a few ways that can be interpreted.. I'd be glad to measure whatever you're looking for, but I need clarification.

Zazzn

Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
ok, basically if I was to get a rotor that is 16MM bigger IE 350z rotors, is there clearance, some how form the pictures I highly doubt it. But the 370Z sport break package almost matches the STI brembo calipers for thickness and all sorts of other things so it for sure would work, but I don't think the calipers will accept a 350MM rotor.

Has anyone ever tried to bolt up 370z calipers to the rear?

Zazzn

Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Just got my rotors's and calipers, need to find a machine shop now, also if I drill out the hole for the star wheel will that affect balance?

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I just adjusted mine for like maybe minute or two per side, and they're good, but if you want to do that, it won't cause any issues. It'll be the same as the stock setup; there's no weight compensation for that.

Also, make sure to machine the lip off that sticks out on the back or it will grind all sorts of hell.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Just to be sure... Stock brake lines don't work? Early in the thread it said they worked... Now it seems like custom or evo8 lines are the way to go. Also what lip and how much needs to be machined. I already has the bore machined out. Only thing holding me back is the brake line and lip that needs to kachined off to prevent grinding.

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
I think that since the removed metal is within the mating area it will not generate enough torque to throw the balancing of. Also, the weight percentage of the disc that is removed is very small compared to the weight percentage which is left further out on the disc.

Zazzn

Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Man you won';t believe how much trouble i'm having to have some numb nuts machine these rotors.

Last edited:

Zazzn

Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Mine are finally in, just never updated, working great. I have a slow fluid leak, probably from the rear break lines. They are SS lines but I don't think they are the right ends for the caliper. Something is leaking, and I haven't had time to go back and look takes about 3 weeks to get the light on in the dash.

All in all, looks much better, e break works and car looks modern. I have the doward front calipers fomr the cobra and i'll finally stop bitching about them because they are SOOO much better with pads that bite less. The Hawk HP+ were terrible and way to grabby. I've put centric ceramics all around since i'm not tracking anytime soon, and the breaks feel very modular.

This upgrade isn't really an upgrade IMO since realistically, you really really have to push the car to the limit to tax the stock rear brakes. IMO it's more for looks than anything else for me.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Maybe your stock brakes were decent, but mine were awful to the point of being a safety concern for me. I could also get them to fade pretty quickly even with newer fluid.

We took my current setup (wilwood 4p/brembo 2p) to around 6-700deg iirc, and they were still kicking ass and taking names on street pads. I think they'll do 900 before failing, but I'd be melting rear dust boots and probably other detrimental items prior to that.

Zazzn

Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
008 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX 2.5L H4 Turbocharged
CENTRIC 12547030 (125.47030) Rotor $ 60.79 $ 0.00 2

That's what I used for the rear rotors.

Also @Dylan, if you were saying massive fade, that was probably with stock front rotors and calipers. In that case yes, but I already had the doward front caliper kit using the mustang calipers and rotors, in which case was hard for me to fade but not impossible. I rarely drive the car hard enough to make it fade anymore since it doesn't have 650 WHP anymore.