rant! forum sales/purchases and people in general

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
well, didnt know where to put this, but in a little pissed! this isnt directed at anybody specific. i currently have 3 deals going on this site and 4 deals on other sites. out of the seven deals only one person has kept the lines of communication open consistantly. i have had quite a few bad deals on this site in the short time i have been here. what gives guys? one person who i trust on here communicated right up to me paying him... and now is silent, yet still answering questions to others in his sales thread??? i believe he is going to finish the deal , but with my history here, kinda makes me wonder. another person has promised traking info....no info has arrived in a week!, now he isnt responding, and on another site i bought a set of wheels for a project, the seller has shipped them separately, i have recieved 3 of them, over the course of 15 days in three separate boxes about 5 days apart? what the hell is going on in this world? stars missaligned?:1zhelp:

i dont understand, i have never had so much trouble buying online till i bought the supra... is it cursed!

end rant..... discuss, or not. :3d_frown:just had to be said:cry::cry:

wooooosh

Apr 8, 2006
Inverness,FL
That sucks. On the flip side I have boughten items from people on here and and another side and I have been screwed over 2 times and one time I had to go after them through pay pal. I think I'm going to stick with Ebay unless it's a local seller. Good Luck.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
I bought a cylinder head recently, the seller stopped responding and it appeared he had sold another item to two people. Turns out the two people were working together, and the seller lost internet. Head arrived with out a problem, but in the meantime i was panicing.

Advice to sellers: always keep good communication right up to the point when they receive the item and are satisfied with it. If you suspect you will be away from your computer give the buyer your cell # or something so they can talk to you. Lost communication really freaks me out in a deal.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Buyers

rule #1 DON'T trust anyone

rule #2 ALWAYS get a name and address and verify it's real

rule #3 Try and pay with PayPal or a Card where possible and don't let it run past the PayPal refund date.

Sellers

rule #1 COMMUNICATE, even if it's just to say "I'm slammed here and didn't make it to the post office but will try ASAP and let you know"

People need to hear what's going on so they don't start imagining the worst, you'd be surprised at how understanding people can be if you provide them with frequent updates, disappear for a couple of days and watch the shit hit the fan.