• Mac N Cheese

Votes: 37 46.8%

• Total voters

Aaron J Williams

Make It So!!!
Jul 23, 2006
Luck, Wisconsin
theWeezL said:
Mac-n-cheese is actually only slightly more expensive when you factor in the milk and butter, but I think you get way more substance for the dollar.

Lets face it...Ramen is Ghetto!

Of course once you factor in the cost of the refrigerator to keep the milk and butter from spoiling, and the electricity to run the fridge, and the house to put the fridge in, the cost increases exponentially.

If "ghetto" means that you can prepare it under a bridge without anything but a pot and a campfire then I agree.
But I don't consider that a bad thing.
::fundy::

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
:icon_conf I cant believe how close this still is, almost 3 days now and its a 1 vote race!!! Frankly I dont get it!!! Ramen is clearly superior, but if you Mac and Cheese Guys want to keep kidding yourself I guess there is nothing we ramen guys can do about it.............................lol.......

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Aaron J Williams said:
Of course once you factor in the cost of the refrigerator to keep the milk and butter from spoiling, and the electricity to run the fridge, and the house to put the fridge in, the cost increases exponentially.

If "ghetto" means that you can prepare it under a bridge without anything but a pot and a campfire then I agree.
But I don't consider that a bad thing.
::fundy::

Margarine doesnt spoil, You can use powdered milk (I have before and it tastes just fine).

But you ramen people belong under a bridge eating your oriental noodles over a friggin campfire...Damn HOBO!

We Mac-n cheese people will endevor to rise above the trailer park and aspire to at least a cinderblock apartment on the lower east side!

Edit: and my beloved Mac-n-cheese is still holding on to the lead!

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
i had mac and cheeese earlier today. its more filling than ramen, no doubt

maybe i should have some more before im too shitfaced to find the fridge 12 feet away

csr ma71

rooftop sniper
Apr 2, 2005
bay area
www.angelfire.com
theWeezL said:
Margarine doesnt spoil, You can use powdered milk (I have before and it tastes just fine).

But you ramen people belong under a bridge eating your oriental noodles over a friggin campfire...Damn HOBO!

We Mac-n cheese people will endevor to rise above the trailer park and aspire to at least a cinderblock apartment on the lower east side!

Edit: and my beloved Mac-n-cheese is still holding on to the lead!

Oriental isn't the preferred word. That's like using the word "colored" or "wop" or "mick"

Allan_MA70

Banned
May 1, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
suimin FTW!!!

suimin_thailaksasml2.gif

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
ramen: variety of flavor options, cooks in 2-5 minutes after the water boils. tastes good raw, and you can use the flavor packets in recipes or a broth drink.

mac&cheese: one flavor, the difference is all in the noodles. cooks for an eternity on the stove, likes to boil over, and if you don't balance out your milk and margarine correctly you're going to have one shitty meal. However, when made right and you don't eat it everyday, it makes for a damn good meal.

both share the same trait that they are cheap as hell, obviously.

/thread

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Allan_MA70 said:
yes but one requires cooking! the other only requires hot water!

i hate cup of soups...never have I found one that didn't taste like cardboard, which is unfortuneate, because it's such a great idea.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
csr ma71 said:
Oriental isn't the preferred word. That's like using the word "colored" or "wop" or "mick"

WTF? are the noodle going to get offended? I say Fuck em then! Damn sensitive noodles!

Aaron J Williams

Make It So!!!
Jul 23, 2006
Luck, Wisconsin
theWeezL said:

Actually, the bridge I ate ramen under was this one, the Yukon river bridge in Alaska. If you want to call people who enjoy the great outdoors HOBOs, then I guess you must not be an outdoorsman or nature lover. So stay in your nice cozy house and eat your girlie man mac and cheese while I and all the other trailer trash woodsmen and nature lovers sit around our campfires and enjoy the great outdoors with our ramen.

Attachments

• Yukon_Bridge.jpg
    Yukon_Bridge.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 5

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
csr ma71 said:
That is like me going to an Italian restaurant and saying, "this wop spaghetti is delicious".

Its not even the same. Ever read the package on the noodles?

right out of my cupboard:
noodles.jpg

Also, what flavor of ramen is on the shelf right next to chicken, beef and pork...Yep thats right... ORIENTAL flavor! so dont even go there with me pal! ;)

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
You know its common knowledge that Mac N Cheese makes you Fart...............:fart:

Why would you want to live life like that?????? No one would want to be around you. No girlfriend!!! No sex ever!!! I guess if thats how you Mac N Cheese Guys want to live you lives I guess we Ramen guys cant stop you.......lol

Stupid Mac N Cheese!!!!!!!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Actually being Lactose intollerant, any dairy product makes me fart...and well...to be honest, there is nothing more satisfying than the feeling of ripping a good solid fwapper after dinner.

:eek3dance