Racing and Streets don't mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
Yah I have seen this before and mann did it give me nightmares... Feel bad for the supra.. and the 2 kids.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Very sobering watching that but also misleading as I doubt all of them were "street racing" as such.

Anytime a fast car crashes it was "street racing" this was how the news reported my accident in the Z way back and I wasn't racing anyone or anything it was caused by someone else breaking the law and on my part the "speed" was a contributing factor in the injuries only!

People tend to drive around in cars with a false sense of security and invulnerablity and don't realise all that is between them and death is some .9mm thich hi tensile sheet steel and NOT some indestructable safety survival cell..... You hit someting solid front on at >70mph you're going to die (35mph headon same effect not talking about a glancing impact here)

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
WOOOOOOOOOO!

My first supra 26 days after my license.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Edit:...Whoa thats a big pic.

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
i think it's good kids crash cars....as long as nobody is hurt it usually enlightens them a little bit. It does suck when the car is a supra, but at least most of them who buy a second one take much better care of it and respect it much more.

that's my story, and looks to be Yellow 13's story too....

92gtapex

Aug 10, 2006
Northland, New Zealand
IJ. said:
You hit someting solid front on at >70mph you're going to die (35mph headon same effect not talking about a glancing impact here)

I havnt yet, been in 2 decent accidents,
one head on into a bank in a Nissan Skyline R32 GTST, at 120-130km's about 75-80mph. and more recently a Nissan Skyline R32 GTS4 drifting at a track, sideways into a concrete retaining walll at around 120kph (75mph)
Was very lucky with the 1st accident to walk away from it, 2nd accident was only minor comparitively

Logan

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
GotToyota? said:
I thought it was funny how the MK3 was the least totaled car in the whole video. :biglaugh:

-Matt

haha because it's a tank.. or it was NA and couldnt go fast enough to cause damage.... lol, yes I can say it I drive one. (not that thats true tho)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
92gtapex said:
I havnt yet, been in 2 decent accidents,
one head on into a bank in a Nissan Skyline R32 GTST, at 120-130km's about 75-80mph. and more recently a Nissan Skyline R32 GTS4 drifting at a track, sideways into a concrete retaining walll at around 120kph (75mph)
Was very lucky with the 1st accident to walk away from it, 2nd accident was only minor comparitively

Logan
Operative words "Front on and Solid"

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
GotToyota? said:
I thought it was funny how the MK3 was the least totaled car in the whole video. :biglaugh:

-Matt

Ya it held together very well for itself.

I agree IJ. If a ford taurus crashes into another car, then into a divider and flips into oncoming traffic it was an accident. If a Camaro slides off a corner and hits a guardrail he was "street-racing"... funny how that happens.

TrqMnstr

HKS Whore!!!
Oct 31, 2005
Los Angeles, California, United States
IJ. said:
Very sobering watching that but also misleading as I doubt all of them were "street racing" as such.

Anytime a fast car crashes it was "street racing" this was how the news reported my accident in the Z way back and I wasn't racing anyone or anything it was caused by someone else breaking the law and on my part the "speed" was a contributing factor in the injuries only!

People tend to drive around in cars with a false sense of security and invulnerablity and don't realise all that is between them and death is some .9mm thich hi tensile sheet steel and NOT some indestructable safety survival cell..... You hit someting solid front on at >70mph you're going to die (35mph headon same effect not talking about a glancing impact here)

Thats true IJ. I think it's like 50/50. Some were the actual "racing" cars and the other half might be the unfortunate drivers that got hit by the "race" car.

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
It sucks when people get in accidents and are seriously injured, but it does teach them and other people to be careful. I've cruised on the road before, but I'm always in the middle of nowhere, alone and never take it above my or my cars ability. (about 20mph haha).

A guy my dad worked with (dealership) died. Somebody traded in a buell (sp?) bike and he was driving it around the parking lot. Decided to start in the back of the lot (very clear) and see how it accelerated. Front tire pulled up, he lost control, and slammed into the building. Dead.

A kid of a guy he works with has a bmw m3 w/ cage, racing seats, and 4pt harnesses. he was cruising through some twistie roads, lost control, and hit a huge cement culvert. The only reason he is still alive is because of the harnesses and cage. He won't be that stupid again.

Be careful, and don't show off past your ability. I'm not gonna condone (sp?) doing stupid stuff, and I'm not gonna condemn it, just don't push it.

The more I think about it, I remember how immature and stupid I was at 16 and can't belive they give kids their liscenses that young. I was wayyy to ignorant to drive. but I guess in 10 years I'll look back and see how stupid I am today.

Drive safe!

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
theres a time and place for everything. if you want to be stupid and go on drinking binges and drug your self up, go to collage.

if ya want to drive fast, got to the drag strip. thats what there for.

i hate getting pulled over for "taking off to fast" or, "took that corrner a lil agressive, didnt ya?"

police here like to mess with sports cars just cuz they see 20 somthing kids driving them thinking all there doing is racing.

keep it on the drag strip and well all be a lil better off and more people will still be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.