R32 GTR coilover spring rates Q?

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
I have recently ordered new coil overs for my GTR and am curious as to what spring rates people are using. The coilovers are HSD's.

http://www.hsdcoilovers.com/

The supplied springs are 9kg/mm front, and 7 kg/mm rear. I have found numerous forums online where guys swap them for what seems very soft 5 fronts, and 4 rears. The shop installing them had an R32 GTR on 14 fronts, and 12 rears, and they said it was streetable. :aigo:

The car will be daily driven, and taken on very long 10+ hour road trips. I do drive the car very hard through mountains and want something that will be firm at high speed. i also hope to occasionally track the car.
I am thinking of going with 8 front, and 6 rears.

Anyone had experience with different spring rates?\
Thanks.

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
How do you figure wrong forum? I'm in the non-supra section.
This is by far my favourite car forum, and there are alot of very knowledgeable people on this site. I am hoping one of them will chime in.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
You want to know . I am sitting on the hood of a r32 with Ohlins from a jgtc GTR I could tell you, but you are getting all butt hurt so eat it.

Seriously how many people on the fourm actually have access to an R32
I was directing you to a better fourm for that info not busting you balls.

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey Brad:

I would try the 9/7 i think it will be just fine for you.

Swapping to softer springs would give more squat for AWD drag racing.
My particular Supra uses terribly stiff springs in comparison, but the Supra has totally different geometry.

x10secondzx2

I love you.
Nov 25, 2007
Viera, Florida
www.myspace.com
mattsplat72;1359244 said:
Oh shut it, go back to the random image thread.
is it a crime to send him to a better fourm .

This is a Supra orientated forum maybe he would be better served going to a GTR fourm.

Calm down kid. Life is to short to be in a pissy mood all the time.
Granted a GTR FORUM might be better.

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
I use this forum because i no and respect many of the members. Many supra guys have friends with imports other than supras, that is where you could have access to a GTR. Some people such as myself also own a supra, and a GTR. I don't wanna go to a GTR forum and be miss lead by someone that really doesn't know what they're talking about.
Matt i also bought the car off garagefujimoto, who imports cars, and i trust his judgement. Unlike yours.

Thanks evan and X10 for the valualbe input. I wanted to stick with the manufactures spec'd spring but it seemed a little hard for the street.
9/7 springs it is.

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
jz*supra
My A70 has 18/14 FYI, probaly will hurt a bit.

I have driven 14/12 Supra and it wasn't uncomfortable at all

Many Nissans come as stiff as 10/8 for their geometry.
I think you will like it.

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
Well hopefully 12k front, and 10k rears aren't to bad.
12/10 was originally what we agreed upon, however i called them to late to switch it for the 9/7. Everyone paid there deposits early so they ordered them early. Hopefully they are comfortable.

Wow 18k is over 1000lb/in. Thats nuts.