R154 trans cooler set up for JZX110?

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
In reading my Drift Tengoku mags and Option 2 mags that i get from japan alot, i see that theres a few company in japan that are making Trans cooler kits, in doing alittle looking into it, theyre running R154s trans as well (JZ bellhousing) is all that i can seem to tell is the difference, Any one think other then maybe having to use different lines that it somehow might not work, im thinking about getting one anyways and finding out.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
Pictures or links? The R and W series trans have no internal oil pump so they must have an electric pump or something. Unless your doing closed road racing or sustained high speed i dont see why you would need it.

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
i know it sound to good to be true, but look at how much stuff that we dont get in the USA that japan dose.. LOL

ill take a picture of the page and post it when i get some extra time.
it seems that its a pretty simple system, its got a set of what lookes like reducers that i think go into the trans (drain and fill holes) to what lookes like a small resivor or it could be a oil thermostat (not quite sure) and there is an electric pump and wiring, and what looks like a 5-7row bar and plate cooler, not much but is very sound.

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
p1789607_1.jpg

p1789607_2.jpg

i found the page, and its got quite a few cars listed up, from the JZX90 and 100, to most of the nissan Siliva cars, and skyline cars.

from what i can see from the picture i got infront of me, (yes i know the pictures i took sucked, but i dont really own that great of a camra..) it dose look like a pump, and cooler, and what i think is a filter, plus fittings and lines.

what do you guys think?

Raven97990

Supramania Contributor
Jul 3, 2005
Georgia
www.speedforsale.com
I'm putting together v160 coolers for the mkiv. You take off fluid from the drain, goto a pump, some check valves, the cooler its self and back into the transmission. One lap on a track can heat fluid faster then you might think.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk