r154 clutch issue.

suprafreak65

Sep 18, 2009
florida
About 6 months ago i bought a 1987 supra turbo off a guy for $750. it had a new motor but everything needed to be assembled. after about ~$1500 later i got everything good and running.…i moved it across the yard and parked it. I tried to move it again and when i push the clutch in, it makes a grinding noise. if i push harder it kills the motor. He said he put a stage 4 clutch in but i have no clue. all i know is that its red. cant see much with the transmission in. the throwout bearing can be pushed in by hand and the clutch fork is real loose, is that normal? im going to pull the transmission this weekend. im not sure if i should get new bearings because idk if it would work for the aftermarket clutch. i have another clutch fork. The slave and master is new. so what should i do? can a oem bearing set work for an aftermarket stage 4 clutch?

suprafreak65

Sep 18, 2009
florida
Its actually a stage 3, looked like when he pulled the motor, he took the clutch off the old one and put in on the new one. didnt install the clutch back properly didnt even install the snap ring on the clutch hub and it all fell to pieces. i but a new clutch and fork (bcuz it was grinded pretty bad) with all the washers and got busy. Its fixed now so thanks