Quick & Simple MAFT Question

kamil

87T Targa
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
After initial base tuning and the Mode 4 switch is set to ON (up, done after ignition off for 10 seconds and key removed) for RPM based tuning, do you reset all the dials to "0" and then turn the car back on or do the dials stay in the same positions you put them for base tuning and those are now your initial reference points for rpm based corrections?

It seems to me like I should be flipping the mode 4 switch to ON (which is supposed to save settings) and then putting the idle, mid and wot dials back at "0" for rpm corrections, then turning the car back on. Or do I just leave them where they are and turn them left/right from there to make my adjustments?

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
You are correct in your assumption, that if you go into the RPM mode, everything needs to be reset to zero.

Even if you just flip it to the RPM mode, and then back to the regular mode, it will apply the settings and screw everything up. I'm sure lots of people get caught this way.

kamil

87T Targa
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Excellent, thank you for the response, it definitely cleared things up for me! Nowhere in either the directions that came with my unit nor the directions from GrimJack's online maft manual (http://7mpower.com/kamil/maftmanual.htm) does it say idle, mid and wot should be set back to 0 after base settings are saved with the mode 4 switch.