Quick question...

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Is there anyway to figure out what sensor is tripping the alarm? Like check codes in the alarm ECU or something along those lines.

I have a bad switch/wire somewhere causing my alarm to randomly go off throughout the day. I threw my spare theft computer on just to check, and sure enough, same deal. So it has to me wiring or switches.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
The only problem is I don't want to be sitting outside with a multimeter waiting for the alarm to trip for hours on end. Is that the only way?

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
Go get a test done on your battery.

Also you may just have to chase the wires that are hooking up your alarm.

Me I would start with the battery then check all the wiring for it in the bay because there is a possibility that one of them could be grounding out somewhere!

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Is this factory, or aftermarket?

My aftermarket alarm tells me what zone tripped by the number of times that the parking lights flash when I disarm it. I don't know much about the factory alarm, since it wasn't offered in Canada.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
A meter with min/max on each trigger while jiggling/moving stuff usually works. The lazier way is a low current fuse on each trigger or one trigger at a time if you're willing to wait. Can't get more cheaper and effective than that.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
So just make a little jumper harness including really low amp fuses on the triggers.. Whichever one blows is the one that's tripping the alarm?