Quick question concerning wiring order...

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
As I've read around here on the forums I've known the coil pack wiring order to be 1-6-3-4-2-5. That's the sequence I've always had on my car. However, I recently went and got a tune up and when I brought the car home I looked around the engine bay just to make sure everything was intact. I checked the spark plug wires and they were in a different sequence, everything was the same, but 2 and 5 were switched. ex) 1-6-3-4-5-2. I called my mechanic and asked, and he told me that's what his computer says or wherever he gathers his information from. He then talked to the auto shop next door just to make sure and their information said the same thing. So should I keep it this way, or should I go back to what I originally had?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Doesn't matter - we run a waste spark system, so both cylinders fire the plugs at the same time anyway.

This is why when timing the engine, you can use the wire to #6 instead of taking the coilpack cover off to get at #1.

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
GrimJack;1364648 said:
Doesn't matter - we run a waste spark system, so both cylinders fire the plugs at the same time anyway.

This is why when timing the engine, you can use the wire to #6 instead of taking the coilpack cover off to get at #1.

Oh ok, thank you. Just wanted to make sure.