quick question about headers.

Aug 15, 2008
Navan, Ontario
My exhaust manifold recently broke as some of you might know from my other thread. Im looking to purchase some aftermarket headers. I know that the 2 main brands are OBX and Pacesetter. Can anyone tell me advantages/disadvantages of each brand? I remember someone saying that the obx needed modifying but im not sure about the pacesetter.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
87silverbullitt;1317988 said:
My exhaust manifold recently broke as some of you might know from my other thread. Im looking to purchase some aftermarket headers. I know that the 2 main brands are OBX and Pacesetter. Can anyone tell me advantages/disadvantages of each brand? I remember someone saying that the obx needed modifying but im not sure about the pacesetter.
I had to open up some of the mounting holes on my pacesetter. I believe the OBX has the same problem.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Well, the OBX are chinese copies of the Pacesetter.
But they are some form of staineless, that almost does't scale over........

Since one is a copy of the other, they both have the same crap collector.
I threw my Pacesetter away, and just built a better one.

TOYSUPRA

May 4, 2009
Kingsley, MI
My first Supra I droped in a jdm motor and bolted a pacesetter header to it. The header came in two pieces. The first piece that bolts to the engine I had to grind a burr off of the mounting surface. After that it bolted right on. My problem cam with the second piece. The oxygen sensor hole is back way to far for the wiring to reach and its just plain messed up. I took mine to a buddy and we moved the sensor hole closer to the front and just plain made it fit the sesor properly. The only other problem was it angled down and we had to bend it up so it didn't hit the ground. Other than that it was a great headrer and the car sounded awsome. You will want to protect your intake with heat shield of some kind because it does get HOT. Hope this helps some. TOYSUPRA

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
i would suggest getting a TRUST header, but they are very expensive and you would need to swap to coil packs to use this as it interferes with the distributor.

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
Tanya;1322290 said:
i would suggest getting a TRUST header, but they are very expensive and you would need to swap to coil packs to use this as it interferes with the distributor.

What all is involved in swapping to the coil packs from a GTE? Or are there other coil packs that can be swapped to? Also where would I source a TRUST header from? I've only been able to find the Pacesetter or OBX ones, or TRUST/Greddy ones for the Scion.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
i really have no idea about the coil packs, I don't even know if anyone has ever test fitted this header to a 7M to see how badly the dizzy interfered, it's just my guess.....

http://www.nengun.com/trust-greddy/tr-na-exhaust-manifold

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1322303_1.jpg

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
So I am interested in this also lol, So what exactly is the best to do for 7mge header wise? if it is get Pacesetter then I understand there are difficulties so what would be the best thing to do? I cannot find the greddy headers and if they are a simple bolt on then where can I find them?