Quick LC-1 question... a quick answer would be great!

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I need to make an adjustment to my LC-1's setting. I just need to change the response rate. When I do that do I have to recalibrate? I seem to recall it asking you to calibrate whenever you try to program in new settings.

I'm nowhere that I can remove the sensor for a calibration.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
CRE;1115046 said:
I need to make an adjustment to my LC-1's setting. I just need to change the response rate. When I do that do I have to recalibrate? I seem to recall it asking you to calibrate whenever you try to program in new settings.

I'm nowhere that I can remove the sensor for a calibration.

For calibrating the sensor what I do is cruise about 50-60 mph, and put the car in 3rd gear and let the engine slow you down. After 4-5 second, there is no fuel being burnt and its just clean air running through the exhaust then so just hit the recalibrate button.

I've never had to recalibrate after changing the settings though.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Calibration
There are two types of calibration for the LC-1: free air calibration and sensor heater calibration.
Sensor heater calibration and first free air calibration is automatically performed the first time a
new sensor is used, while free air calibration should be executed frequently.
4.1 Free air calibration
To achieve maximum precision, the LC-1 and its sensor needs to be recalibrated frequently.
The sensor MUST be operated in free air for calibration.
If the wide-band sensor is installed in a vehicle, wait 6-8 hours after running the engine so that all
exhaust gas is dissipated from the exhaust tract of the vehicle. Better yet, disengage the oxygen
sensor and expose the sensor to air (away from the exhaust) for calibration purposes:
1. Connect the LC-1 to 12V from the vehicle and switch it on.
2. After the sensor has warmed up, either press the pushbutton or connect the calibration wire
to ground for a brief period.
3. After the calibration is complete, switch the LC-1 off and wait for 30 seconds before you start
the car.
If a LED indicator is connected to the calibration wire, it will be off during free air calibration

I guess it doesn't have to be taken out to calibrate it, just sitting for a while.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I've done it while on the move before in another car. Probably the preferred way of doing it if you're not going to remove it.... seems to be the preferred method posted on their forums anyway. And I thought they said once every 6 months.

But, that doesn't answer the question gentlemen. Thanks though. Now that I've waited I can just reprogram the unit in the morning before I head to work so if i have to recalibrate the car will have been sitting for over 12 hours. ;)

I would still like to know the answer, but I suppose I'll find out in the morning.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
You can program in different settings for the analog outputs without calibrating the sensor... still not a bad idea to recalibrate while you're working on it though.