Quick headlight questions

--Wolf--

May 8, 2009
Chch, New Zealand
One of my headlights is brighter than the other, by quite a bit, any way to fix this?

Both my fog lights now no longer work. One stopped working a little while ago and now both are gone, chance of both bulbs going?

One of my orange lights on the front (can't remember the correct name for these, the ones that come on with the park lights) is, like the headlights, dimmer than the other. Solution?

Any help would be appreciated.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
when was the last time the bulbs were replaced? you can pull the bulbs and doa visual check to see if the hot wire(little coil) inside the bulb is still connected and no gaps. do you have a volt meter so you can check to make sure you have 12v(power) & 0v(ground) at the sockets with the lights on?

--Wolf--

May 8, 2009
Chch, New Zealand
Update,

Checked both headlights. The dim one is a whole different unit, and is self contained (can't talk bulb out).

Replaced both park light bulbs.

One of my fog light bulbs were shot, but the other was still good. Replaced the bad one and neither work still. Tried to find the fog light fuse, but couldn't find any blown ones, am assuming it's down in the drivers kick panel? I don't have the panel with the labels so I have no idea which one it is. And also no idea which relay, as the TSRM diagram of it is pretty crap. Fog light switch works though.

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
To thread Jack but why would he have a headlight that wasn't self contained? Unless aftermarket and if so I think Ima hafta find some of those

--Wolf--

May 8, 2009
Chch, New Zealand
Poodles, ALL the fuses in the engine bay are fine, including BOTH for EACH headlight. My HEADLIGHTS are fine.

Have tested all the fuses in the kickpanel, all work fine. Even tested power to the fog light switch and it works. Took out what I THOUGHT was the fog light relay, it was extremely hot to touch and vibrated and clicked when I did the switch. Now my windows won't work. Is the fog light relay the same as the power windows, or did I take out the wrong one? Am 100% sure it clicked/vibrated when I did fog light switch. And why was it hot, doesn't that mean they're no good?