Questions about 1JZ: No A/C or Cruise???

YYCSupra

Getting back in the game
Aug 4, 2014
Alberta
I am looking at a few MK3 supras with 1JZ conversions and what I'm noticing is that a lot of them do not have A/C or cruise control in their car properly connected. I'm looking at buying my 3rd supra in the last 15 years so I'm looking for a car that has both these options. It will be a third car, garage queen but if I decide to drive to Vegas for a Supra get together, I damn well want A/c and cruise! I'm pretty familiar with the 7M, but not as familiar with the 1JZ. The cars I'm looking at have the Supra 1JZ ECU, do you know if these will be easy to convert to A/C and Cruise control cars? If they are going to be a PITA or being crazy expensive, I'll probably just wait till I can find one that has both hooked up.

Also, one of the cars I'm looking at has been converted to a single turbo. The guy said the wastegate is to atmosphere and he mentioned that the exhaust is a 3" exhaust all the way through. I can't remember where I saw it, but I saw a guy who had issues with his wastegate after going single turbo. I wonder if this guy may have went to atmosphere because the exhaust manifold wouldn't allow the wastegate recycle and 3" exhaust to co-exist "so to speak" (not enough room).

Is there any other pitfalls I should be aware of when looking for a 1JZ swapped car?

Any input from those who have done the conversion would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
People just don't want to install ac. I have ac in my 1jz. It's easy.

Cruise control is another. I don't run cruise. I don't like it for a system in general. You need the throttle with the dual linkage for cruise to run it. Most don't have it.

YYCSupra

Getting back in the game
Aug 4, 2014
Alberta
hvyman;2019238 said:
People just don't want to install ac. I have ac in my 1jz. It's easy.

Cruise control is another. I don't run cruise. I don't like it for a system in general. You need the throttle with the dual linkage for cruise to run it. Most don't have it.

Man, I must be getting old, I can't imagine not having A/C...and I'm from Canada and we only need it 3 months a year! WRT the cruise, is that dual linkage system something that I can reuse from a 7M? Do you know of anyone who would know the part numbers I'd need to get it working?

Thanks for the input, really appreciate it.