Question on map Sensor.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Well, I have a VPC set up now and was wondering on where people put their map sensors at for them?

Or if anyone had any tricks on where to put them. Ive searched but havent found anythreads on it.

Any help is much appreciated.

-David

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

I should also note that I will not be running the VPC map sensor. I will be running a GM 3 bar map sensor, or equivalent to that. So suggestions on this would be great as well (meaning brand etc).

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
mine is mounted on the brake booster (stock hks sensor) and is fed off the line that goes to the stock boost gauge/heater valve. ill get a pic in daylight,

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Awesome, thanks bud.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Might be a dumb question, but would it be possible to mount the sensor on the Manifold itself? And just have the port that pulls air in, get a direct reading from the manifold?

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
there both 3 wire sensors, power, gnd, signal. just cut and splice.

mouting pics

vac souce used, i used the one i dont have my finger on
scaled.php

unit mount and lines run
scaled.php

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

also to add, heres the IAT location. this is where the vpc instrucations say to mount it. i mounted mine a bit to high and now the pcv breather doesnt bolt down. i just extended the hoses that go to the cover and left it at that.
scaled.php

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Mine is located about 6" to the left of where Bio's is, right about where my missing firewall ID plate would go... Basically right behind the manifold.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Greatdestroyer187;1767410 said:
Hey airhead what r the benifits of runnin a gm map sensor instead of the hks?

Albert is correct. The GM sensor is available just about anywhere you can buy car parts. Also, iwas told the VPC sensor is only 1 bar. The gm can be bought in 3bar. Not sure how 100% true or not that is about the vpc sensor though.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
the stock Denso sensor shipped with the vpc was a 3 bar according to HKS's website. but there discontiuned so harder to find if and when it does fail. the gm 3 bar can be gotten at any GM dealer, and most part stores as a IN STOCK item, rather than a order in item (or 1 day wait)