question on adding castings on compressor housing

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
does anyone know if it's possible to get letters casted onto a compressor housing? i have no idea where to even look for some work like that to be done. i want to take the big housing and get it back with toyota ct-26. granted if anyone actually knows about the oem ones they'll know it's too big to be stock, but i would like to make it look as slow as possible

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
instead of making it raise, you could try and get it CNC'ed into the metal and then just paint it...

cause the casting will cost a lot, and i wouldnt think that it would work to well...

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I doubt anyone will do this, and with good reason. You are going to compromise the integrity of the compressor housing by altering the heat treatment and likely warping the metal. CNCing or chemical etching would be the only viable alternative.

You'd have a tough time finding somebody to do this mainly because I doubt there are any manufacturing techniques that would require this. I can't think of anything remotely close.

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
thanks for the info, i never heard of anything like it being done before so i didn't know. i'll probably just polish off all the letters, get it coated then get a fake metal tag stamped and mounted on it