Question for those that have rolled their fenders.

juncboi

Yeah, snooping around.
Jan 31, 2009
Sacramento
My front tires rub so I need to get my fenders rolled. I stopped by the shop to make an appointment and the guy noted that he can only roll the part between the two screws at the top. The problem these screws are mounted at a "tabbed" out area and are actually cutting into my tire tread.

So here is my question: For those of you that have rolled your fenders, has anyone of you taken off those two screws and got the entire lip rolled? The liner would be hanging and only held up by the other screws.

My specs: 18x8.5 +35 with 245/40/18 on all corners.

juncboi

Yeah, snooping around.
Jan 31, 2009
Sacramento
Well, I do rub, especially when going up from the street to a slightly steep ramp into a parking lot. I'm not that low either (can put one finger between tire/fender). I think my springs are a bit too soft. I will trade up later but for now I will have to roll my fenders.

juncboi

Yeah, snooping around.
Jan 31, 2009
Sacramento
I guess I'll be the second person on this forum to get my fenders rolled lolz. No fender liners for me either. Thanks for the response Grimjack.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
juncboi;1558242 said:
I guess I'll be the second person on this forum to get my fenders rolled lolz. No fender liners for me either. Thanks for the response Grimjack.

Dude, your offsets are weak and I'm sure your car isn't even low. You're probably just rubbing the liners.

juncboi

Yeah, snooping around.
Jan 31, 2009
Sacramento
Alec;1558255 said:
Dude, your offsets are weak and I'm sure your car isn't even low. You're probably just rubbing the liners.

I wish that was the case Alec, then I wouldn't have to worry so much. I will compress the springs on my coilovers a little bit more on top of rolling my fenders. See the cute little pic of my fender lip smiling at me.

Attachments

• fender rub..jpg
    fender rub..jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 43

juncboi

Yeah, snooping around.
Jan 31, 2009
Sacramento
Supra-Man18;1558272 said:
Maybe Your struts are blown and your ridin on straight spring LOL

What is the saying? Oh yes, "Please don't kill me, I'm just the messenger!". :biglaugh:

I will check that out as well but I kind of doubt it cuz I don't see any leaks. I don't rub while on flat pavement even when I hit bumps or cracks going the posted speeds. Only when going up the slightly steeper ramps going into parking lots or driveways.

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
just get your self a hammer and bang that crap back into place. I currently rolling my fendors. With my coilovers the roller dosnt quite fit so i put my tire back on last night and did it the old fashioned way with a Pipe and some patience. I am going to unbolt the Shock and do it right tonight so i will try and post some pictures of the process next week. if not i will post pics of the results

Bolgar1

Feb 10, 2007
NYC
I have all four corners rolled, We removed the two screws that you see in the photo and trimmed the liner with a cutting wheel( a dremel cutting wheel could do it in a pinch), The liner did hang down, the slightest bit, were you could just see it in the center. That is why we trimmed the liner in that area back about 1 inch or so(The liner then "pulled its self up"). There is more than enough support from the other attchment points and the liner its self (If you took the liner off the car, it would maintain its basic shape with out any support) to give support with out any problem. You might not have to trim your liner, they could roll it with out doing that first and see how it is for you.

I have the exact fitment in front that you have (245/40/18) on 8.5 and had the exact problem occur when I moved up from a 235/40/18 that was stretched. I have adjustable coilovers and moved the front height up about a 1/4 inch at the same time that I had the fenders rolled, so I cant say that it will alleviate your contact completely, but it will definately keep that lip from being pulled down and mangled like now.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
GrimJack;1558122 said:
Yes, my car is rolled all the way.

No fender liners, however.

that sounds silly i have trimmed fender liners they still stay on

just need set of trimmer and a heat gun