Hi Guys

My Supra run a 355 rwhp in the dyno

here is the data

1. 2JZ-GTE engine
2. Twin turbo @ 15 PSI
3. Apexi airflow converter
4. walbro 255 fuel pump
5. fuel injectors siemens 630 cc

How can i get 400 HP in safe without a single turbo ??

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Port/shape/polish the head, run higher compression, get more aggressive cams.

Word of warning though, aside from the compression bump, you'll make the car a little less driveable, and into more of an on/off switch if you push things *too* far. ;)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Standalone. Get a patch harness for ms3 or get a pnp aem.

And get some 272's and springs and retainers.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
hvyman;1869733 said:
And get some 272's and springs and retainers.
I have the 272 small core cams and I ran stock springs and retainers with no ill effects for about three years making 640 rwhp. I now have upgraded springs and retainers. I'm not saying they aren't an upgrade, just not a must for the small core cams.

tlo86;1870323 said:
meth injection!
I love my methanol injection because it lets me run about 27psi with 93 octane. I don't think his twins are going to run much more than they are now. Maybe he'll get around 18psi out of them, but I don't think he'll need the methanol for that.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Sorry, I really shouldn't have answered this since you are wanting info from performance experts. I'm by no means an expert at anything. I'm one step above a bumbling idiot. I only gave info off of my car.

I also agree with the 3" exhaust being an improvement.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprahero;1870489 said:
Sorry, I really shouldn't have answered this since you are wanting info from performance experts. I'm by no means an expert at anything. I'm one step above a bumbling idiot. I only gave info off of my car.
I could probably count how many 'experts' we have around here without taking off my shoes, so I'm in that boat with you sir. Just learning by experience myself...

suprahero;1870488 said:
Maybe he'll get around 18psi out of them, but I don't think he'll need the methanol for that.
Well, maybe not for the detonation aspect, but for cooling the incoming air and the ability to advance the timing more than without methanol... especially considering how hot the air from twins at 17-18psi is going to be...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
te72;1870792 said:
Well, maybe not for the detonation aspect, but for cooling the incoming air and the ability to advance the timing more than without methanol... especially considering how hot the air from twins at 17-18psi is going to be...

Wait, so you're telling me cooler air is better for the car than hot air? If that were true then we'd have things on the front of the cars that air would travel through to cool it.......................ooooooohhhhhhhhhh. Now I see. Methanol FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprahero;1872011 said:
Wait, so you're telling me cooler air is better for the car than hot air? If that were true then we'd have things on the front of the cars that air would travel through to cool it.......................ooooooohhhhhhhhhh. Now I see. Methanol FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cooler air is more dense, so... more air, add more fuel, make boom, = more power, correct? ;)

Man, you really took the sarcasm to 11 today haha! Methanol could bring the intake charge to below ambient if you had an efficient intercooler, could it not?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
te72;1872072 said:
Cooler air is more dense, so... more air, add more fuel, make boom, = more power, correct? ;)

Man, you really took the sarcasm to 11 today haha! Methanol could bring the intake charge to below ambient if you had an efficient intercooler, could it not?

Sarcasm.......yes. Intake charge below ambient..........can't say, but only because I don't know..........lol

SpoolinSupra

Jul 5, 2006
Wyoming Valley, PA
www.myspace.com
the cooling effects of alcohol come from its rapid evaporation. when a fluid evaporates, it absorbs heat from whatever it evaporates off of. the faster it evaporates, the faster excess heat is removed. so when its sprayed into hot air, it evaporates from globs of liquid to a gas, thus absorbing heat from the air in which it was sprayed. since its at ambient temp when sprayed, it cant absorb any more heat then when it matches ambient. so 80* methanol will cant reduce temps to anything lower than 80*, it just does it much faster than other ways due to how fast it evaporates. At least that makes sense in my mind. Anyone feel free to confirm