question about 1jz hardness

SRA

Oct 11, 2010
Eglin Afb, FL
I was going to try to restore my 1jz hardness, but today I meet somebody with a2jz swap that is running a 7m hardness on his 2jz. I'm assuming that this is possible with the 1jz as well, my question is if this is a good idea and if there is a write up on this already. thanks in advance any help is really appreciated.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Its spelled Harness, and all it took me to find this link was to look in the "other engines" section.

Heres a link to a 2jz-ge-T which is basically a 2jz-ge thats been NA-t'd and is running on 7m-gte harness.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?63998-2jzge-T-swap-notes-and-pricelists

I honestly dont know if itll work on the 1jz.

Look around a lil more before you post a thread next time, most people on here aren't as forgiving as i am now. =p

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
The 7m harness is not going to work on the 1jz. Very few of the plugs are the same, and the 1jz has two cam sensors and a crank sensor, while the 7m just has the one cam sensor.

The reason the 7m harness works on the 2jz-ge is because that engine is set up very similarly to the 7m-ge.