quake's 7m vs the big blocks

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
So i have a friend with a big block camaro, he's been building for the past few years. Car runs the best of the best of everything it is 540ci and a 9.0l. The car is a monster!!! Now i show him some you tube supra vids and he don't care. I put together my car to show people what a daily driven supra can do and to bust the chops of some v8's so here we go...

I pull up to the local spot and for the first time decided to run my car on some 110 and kick up the boost a bit to 23-24psi. My big block buddy and his camaro follow me up. So before we get a chance to go at it another guy walks up with a black camaro lt1 and asks if we want to run. We line up at 40mph and let it rip i bring the revs up to 4k and floor it car takes a second and hits hard but not hard enough. The camaro jumps a car!! in about 2secs, and now i play catch up sputter a bit and loose by 4cars and he is still pulling.

Next day i spend the day getting ready, new plugs pump in the 110 and get the tune perfect. We line up again and this time i bring it up to 4500 rpms. I hit it and he jumps like an animal (so i know he's spraying) then i spin for a sec or two and i'm right next to him i hit the shift to 3rd perfect were neck to neck!! this time i take the revs to 7500!! The car hits 6k and pulls like a fuckin monster to 75k. I pull out ahead in 4th and got him by 2 cars now doing about 130mph. Slam it into 5th and let him know what the 7m can do take it to 160 and it was like he hit the brakes i win by 10cars and keep pulling damn! what a race. Later he tells me he made over 500rwhp on a mustang dyno:icon_bigg

Bomberillo

Banned
Nov 14, 2008
Lynwood
Where you been quake? Good to know your showing the big boys what the 7m can do. Didnt you dyno at about 613rwhp? Hows the stinger working out for you? Good job man. Keep it up and next time take a camera man with you so we can get that on video.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Great runs! It's always nice messing around with domestic cars. Were you on street tires? I love pulling up to a domestic meet with my MT DR's on, love the responses I get!!

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
Bomberillo;1387277 said:
Where you been quake? Good to know your showing the big boys what the 7m can do. Didnt you dyno at about 613rwhp? Hows the stinger working out for you? Good job man. Keep it up and next time take a camera man with you so we can get that on video.

still alive and it was 602corrected and 632@ 26psi. These are the same parts but now running .40over and upgraded wrist pins. The car is much faster now as the compression is even. Will post a vid soon but my buddy is still talking shit so the vid will be made at 32psi and kill mode.

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
frontierguy25;1387285 said:
Great runs! It's always nice messing around with domestic cars. Were you on street tires? I love pulling up to a domestic meet with my MT DR's on, love the responses I get!!

yeah it is a street tire but the car never spins on the street so no need to run a dr yet, but at 32 i think i will need it.

Bomberillo

Banned
Nov 14, 2008
Lynwood
quake;1387292 said:
still alive and it was 602corrected and 632@ 26psi. These are the same parts but now running .40over and upgraded wrist pins. The car is much faster now as the compression is even. Will post a vid soon but my buddy is still talking shit so the vid will be made at 32psi and kill mode.
Kill mode. Hahaha. Thats classic. You go ahead and run that pressure. And if you blow your motor, I know youll have it running again in a week or so. Only you Quake.

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
Bomberillo;1387308 said:
Kill mode. Hahaha. Thats classic. You go ahead and run that pressure. And if you blow your motor, I know youll have it running again in a week or so. Only you Quake.

lol thats what the motor is for has about 1k on it now this is my break in. Yet to blow a 7m yet i just change bearings and rings around 20k. Wondering if i should change my bbc springs for the crower ones or just leave it.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
quake;1387344 said:
lol thats what the motor is for has about 1k on it now this is my break in. Yet to blow a 7m yet i just change bearings and rings around 20k. Wondering if i should change my bbc springs for the crower ones or just leave it.

Duals ;)

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
that's a great kill,;;;reading that shit gave me goose bumps,,,i love it
LOL i was thinking same thing ditto

and ditto on dual springs to. Springs will make it pull so much harder to.. IMHO... only had 2 times i felt diferance in springs alone... 1600 dualport vw camper van i had... and 69 roadrunner with 75.. 440 out of a cop car..both times it pulled harder threw out the revs and you could feel it.. and higher to..