q45 tb install

champscl

Aug 23, 2008
North Carolina
Ive searched far and wide and cant find any info on swapping in a q45 tb. I found the wireing info thats cool, I was wondering if or what else I would need for the install granted ive got the upgraded injectors and ffim what else would I need for ecu management.

Please excuse me for being ignorant on this fact im new to the scene so any help would greatly be appreciated.

Last edited:

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
champscl;1135011 said:
Ive searched far and wide and cant find any info on swapping in a q45 tb. I found the wireing info thats cool, I was wondering if or what else I would need for the install granted ive got the upgraded injectors and ffim what else would I need for ecu management.

Please excuse me for being ignorant on this fact im new to the scene so any help would greatly be appreciated.
you dont need any special management, im running one without bigger injectors too. You just get your TPS wiring right and set it at .385 volts on the output wire.

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
what exactly would a bigger throttle body give you? more flow? increased hp? throttle response?
if it sounds good i might try it

spoolint78

Representing T.O
Mar 30, 2005
T.O
what other mods do you have done?
I think you can spend the money elsewhere if you have nil to minimal engine mods.

champscl

Aug 23, 2008
North Carolina
x87SUPRA87x;1135220 said:
you dont need any special management, im running one without bigger injectors too. You just get your TPS wiring right and set it at .385 volts on the output wire.

Cant I just use my stock tps and mount it to the q45 tb and not have to change anything.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
nope. you have to build an adapter to wire the nissan stuff up to the toyota harness, or get the greddy tps adapter to use the supra one.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
gixxer750;1135919 said:
nope. you have to build an adapter to wire the nissan stuff up to the toyota harness, or get the greddy tps adapter to use the supra one.

Then it must be slightly modified to work. I was the first to mount the Greddy adapter to the Q45 with the stock TPS and get it to work flawlessly.;)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
RockPaperSwoRD;1135367 said:
what exactly would a bigger throttle body give you? more flow? increased hp? throttle response?
if it sounds good i might try it

on stock OEM TCCS,
NOTHING. Perhaps crappy part throttle response and that is about it.

The TB is sized for the application. The bigger the TB, the more air it lets in by sheer inner volume area. Anyway the fascination with the Q45 is quite comical when the Mustang 5.0 TB are a dime a dozen and come in all size flavors.