Pwnd by Nissan (some 'poor' guy and his GTR fender bender...)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Pedestrian safety system, LOL. How is raising the hood in a front end crash better for pedestrians? Looks to me like they would just have more chance to go over the top.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
foreverpsycotic;1453644 said:
Pedestrian safety system, LOL. How is raising the hood in a front end crash better for pedestrians? Looks to me like they would just have more chance to go over the top.

From the sound of how it works...

They are hit and laying on hood, then the rams activate, catapulting them in front of the car so you can finish them off...

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
hahahhahaa.

from what i understand it pops the hood before they smack into it, giving them an extra inch of room before they hit the engine?

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
new school US safety regulations state that you must be able to hit a ped in a frontal impact at 25mph without breaking a bone.. this was in the uk tho, but thats what this system is supposed to do- keep from breaking bones. damn it sucks that dude got in a fender bender, but DUDE!! the ECU?! hahahaha except... NOT 'hahahaha'. what a fucking Big Bro mobile.. voids the warranty if you utilize stock features, monitors throttle position which can potentially void warranty, 'one shot' ped safety system.. pshh somebody needs to figure out how to run these things on an r34 ecu. ill bet when you remove the ecu from the r35 something pops out and beats you with a stick, takes your picture, uploads to nissan via satellite, and takes any children you may have at the time.

/ranting

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
LOL that sucks.

Zambini has a good point. I'd just disable this feature and/or run a standalone. The GTR has pleanty of options for engine management now.