pulling the block today, had some questions.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
You pull the trans and motor together, at least that's the easiest way.

If you don't have a transmission mount, you better get one.

Why would you want to delete the power steering?

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
AJ'S 88NA;1833221 said:
You pull the trans and motor together, at least that's the easiest way.

If you don't have a transmission mount, you better get one.

Why would you want to delete the power steering?

I think he means there is not one to hold up the front of the trans, with the motor out. I could be wrong, but I just cant see a rear mount completely missing.

And yeah, when I pull a motor out of a supra, the trans comes with it (and the wiring harness). Much easier.

OP, have you ever driven a supra without power steering? Well, it sucks. Putting in a manual rack seems like the best option if your going to go that route, but I have not tried it.

TRDownShift

Sep 19, 2010
Austin, Texas, United States
Ah fuck... I already unbolted the bell housing.... So then .... I need to jack up the front of the transmission before I pull the block..... As for the power steering... Yes, I've driven this car without it... Its not that bad, what I wanted to know is if I can do something like pull the pump and hard lines and full the rack with fluid and cap it off?

The reason I ask is I'm out of money and its looking a lot like I'm going to need to rebuild the pump to stop the leak...

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
I dont think you need to jack up the transmission, just support the front so it doesn't fall, when you pull the motor.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I have this power steering delete hose that was on my shell when I got it. $15 shipped, and you can have it. It's already boxed and almost sold once.

p1833315_1.jpg

TRDownShift

Sep 19, 2010
Austin, Texas, United States
ForcedTorque;1833315 said:
I have this power steering delete hose that was on my shell when I got it. $15 shipped, and you can have it. It's already boxed and almost sold once.

p1833362_1.jpg

That would be cool, but that rack looks a bit different then mine. I heard that the rack changed in 89, my car is 87 what year did that come off of?