pulled a 441 and 446 on the Dyno

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
The local performance shop near the house was having a Modern Mopar dyno day so I stopped in and hung around checking out the late model Challengers, Chargers, 300's magnums, etc. getting their Dyno on. Out of the 20 or so cars, one really tricked out Challenger pulled a 800, then one pulled a 600, then 4 SRTs pulled around 425, and the rest pulled mid to high 300s. When they were about done, I asked coordinator if he would mind if I ran my 91... He checked around and the Mopar fellas said sure why not! I had no idea what it would pull because the last time I dyno'ed it pulled a 280. When I told him I think it will be over 400, he just looked at me like, oh, really? ooookkkaaaay.....

It was the end of the day and nobody was paying much attention until after I first pulled a 441.... All of a sudden everyone jammed up to the Dyno to see WTF? Then I pulled a 446... In the end, even the guy that pulled the 800 gave the old 91 props! It was a good day for the 7m and MKIII!

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
here is the sheet.... This was last Saturday and it was also 85 degrees!

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 65

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
I don’t really know what the MPG is because I haven’t driven it enough to either check or to get a feel. My guess is that I’ve put only two maybe three tanks in it over the past two years…. But I wouldn’t say it is horribly bad or good taking into consideration I drive a Tahoe that gets 14mpg. Maybe now that we actually have cooler weather, maybe I’ll check it on a drive this weekend….

I will drive it more when I change the exhaust to something that I can’t hear when cruising down the Freeway. It’s not that its loud, it’s just the low frequency drone that gets fatiguing pretty quick. Funny thing, I live on the 2nd floor apartment, with my garage below me. When it is idling it actually vibrates my apartment. Can’t really hear it, but things vibrate. My upstairs neighbor across the hall feels the love too.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
yeah you gotta watch it with these things... you can easily rattle your car apart if you don't watch it (interior)

I've driven a old chevy pickup w/ a 454 that got 7mpg o_O my supra got 30 on the highway... I've heard of them getting better though...

ttsupra2503

6'8 BC Giant
Feb 28, 2012
Kelowna, BC
What I find funny is that they had 4 Srt4's pulling 400 and they scoffed at the thought that a SUPRA wouldn't pull 400 easily. Our local dyno guy's are too new to do a Dyno day yet. It would have to be a group day buy or something like that where people pooled money to buy the day of dyno time.

Love the car, the looks you must have gotten and +1 for showing up the Srt4's

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Nice to hear about your car Scot, also good to see you are doing okay.... Also guys, Scot's car is beautiful..... One of my fav, its really really clean.....

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Nice numbers. Would probably put up a good run with most of those Mopar guys too, never hurts to have a 500-800lb advantage. Unless you're boxing, I guess, in which case you're probably boxing a bear, and that isn't a very good idea...

ttsupra2503

6'8 BC Giant
Feb 28, 2012
Kelowna, BC
LoL, thats what a lot of people say about them vs me.... that it would be like fighting a bear or a wall. I am 6'8 and 350lbs and my chest is bigger then my waist lol (have to say that because its not normal at that weight)

I am watching a guy who has his supra as a track car (Thread: 1300 Kg Track SUPRA project) at 1350 kg with street wheels. I doubt any of the mopars could match that except maybe the neon. It makes me want to reduce some weight in my car to see what I can get it down to in the end project.