PSN's little 'oops'...

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Crysis 2 was not ported, it was multi-platform developed. Not that it matters which way it was ported (if it was), they clearly lowered some standards on 2 versus 1 to make it more acceptable across all platforms.

Regardless, I think what SupraMario is referring to is that the game is clearly aimed at a console gaming experience. The way the gameplay is setup, the options available on the PC version, etc. They clearly "dumbed down" the PC version to a more console-like experience. The fact that it wasn't actually ported from console code doesn't change that.

Jeff

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Poodles;1705717 said:
Yet again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

How so? Show me proof they developed a PC version along side the two console versions. I've showed you with a simple search that the textures where lower than Crysis 1...all you have said is basically...Noooo while covering your ears.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I like the idea of free games myself. :)

And as far as the whole "this console or that" argument, I was really hoping to avoid that. Honestly, I don't think any of the current gen systems have shown as much of a leap as the PS1 or PS2 did. Once the focus turned to online multiplayer, I think games in general have turned to shit. :(

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Well, I read on the Escapist that everybody gets PSN+ for 30 days, but haven't heard much else. Does anyone know if by signing up for Plus you get all of the free games that they've offered, or is it only the ones they offered for free since you sign up?

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
te72;1707687 said:
Well, I read on the Escapist that everybody gets PSN+ for 30 days, but haven't heard much else. Does anyone know if by signing up for Plus you get all of the free games that they've offered, or is it only the ones they offered for free since you sign up?

As long as you're a PS+ subscriber, the free games you get during that period are yours to enjoy. You also get access to the library of free games they've offered up to that point. However, you lose them once you end your subscription. What you do keep are the games you buy at the PS+ discounted price.

The PS+ membership only pays for itself if you buy lots of games regularly and frequently off the PSN. There are some perks like auto-downloads, free game trials, cloud saving, early (sometimes exclusive) betas and demos.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
SuprA70;1707902 said:
You also get access to the library of free games they've offered up to that point.

That answers my question, thank you sir. Otherwise, I've looked into the PS+ thing, I understand it's quirks other than that one. Thanks again. :)