PS Resevoir and IC piping questions

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
So i am thinking about moving my PS resevoir to inside the (US) passenger side fender and was wondering if i did that would i still need the PS cooling hard lines? My thinking is that by moving the PS resevoir to someplace outside the engine bay it will act as a cooler of it's own. However, it will not be getting direct air flow as it will be between the fender, fender liner/protecter, and firewall so i wasnt sure.

My next question is do IC hard pipes need to be bead rolled at the end? This is i am sure a dumb question but i need to cut my lower IC pipe (turbo to IC) and can't find anyone in this area who can bead roll it for me. I bought the CX Racing IC pipes but have a modified turbo and an aftermarket IC and with the pipes connected the IC pipe goes about 3/4 of an inch inside of the IC piping. If i do need it what would be my best bet, making 2 cuts, removing the middle, and then welding the end with the bead roll back on? I am thinking i might be ok without it because the IC doesn't have bead rolled or flared ends but just don't know.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Can buy a bead roller pretty cheaply.

But on the PS front, it's gravity fed to the pump, so you'd probably have isses with it up under the fender. Not to mention checking the level. Definately won't replace the cooler (if anything, an upgraded cooler is good to have if you do aggressive driving)

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Thanks Poodles i was going to place it where the windshield washer fluid resevoir was (as i removed it) and put the cap up through the hole for easy checking and refilling. However, if it is gravity fed that wont work. Maybe ill just look into the NA one.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
I've had people place small welds on turbo piping for me to act as the bead for the clamp to grab....

may be an easier proposition,.