Prosport Oil Pressure Gauge = Psychotic (peak n warn)

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
Help.... my oil pressure gauge is going psychotic

My stock digital gauge is fluid and not erratic whereas my prosport one has peaked at 130psi and flicks around the gauge from 130 to 100, flicking back and forth all over the place.

When i was trying to get oil pressure up, and got it running i had a hose let loose and lost all pressure, gauge beeps and complains. Fix leak, top up with oil, no pressure = huh? Wait i didn't even look at the stock one, start it up again and stock is reading about 4kgcm = 60odd psi, prosport reading nothing at all.

Turn it all off, pull of feed to turbo, manually check pressure, it has pressure. Start car up again, prosport still no pressure, stock has pressure, k we're fine.
Get out video camera to film it starting, point to oil pressure gauge to show it's not working and it randomly starts working again LOL but then i started having the psycho gauge

So Prosport... i hope you have some input on this... and i hope some others will also

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
i'm at the same situation with my oil pressure gauge... it's not a prosport but this thread may help me. My connections are perfect as well, and my pressure was 10 psi hot idle checked with a mechanical gauge.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Prosport Gauges said:
What type of sender do you have ? got a picture of it ?
its a 2 pin sender unit. I don't know of the specifics of it though... The OP maxes out at 27 psi like all the time pretty much. Idle it goes to 0, but i know for sure its not zero lol.