Prosport Gauge In Cluster Install question

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Ok, i have the holes cut and gauges mounted, where is the best place to tap into for power? I've been looking for a wiring diagram of the cluster and i was thinking of tapping into the cluster, but i dont know what would be a good source with out a diagram.

I have a new water temp, boost, and oil pressure gauge EVO Digital Series.

Thanks for your input and here is some work in progress pictures

IMG_20120224_210832.jpg

IMG_20120224_211001.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I assume you don't have cruise control on your car, the plug for the cruise control button on the left panel by the steering wheel has ground, switched power and an illumination source. I have used it numerous times.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
IBoughtASupra;1808852 said:
I assume you don't have cruise control on your car, the plug for the cruise control button on the left panel by the steering wheel has ground, switched power and an illumination source. I have used it numerous times.

Correct, i do not use the cruise control switch. I guess i'll use that,

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Not to mention all the labeled "IGN" and "GND" screws. I used those for my needle LED power. Also, I notice your plastic gauge cluster overlay piece is a little scratched up. Toyota still sells the plastic piece new for under $30. I just bought a new one and it makes a HUGE difference. :)

Good luck and keep us updated on the install. Looks Good!

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
suprarx7nut;1808860 said:
Not to mention all the labeled "IGN" and "GND" screws. I used those for my needle LED power. Also, I notice your plastic gauge cluster overlay piece is a little scratched up. Toyota still sells the plastic piece new for under $30. I just bought a new one and it makes a HUGE difference. :)

Good luck and keep us updated on the install. Looks Good!

It was from a spare one i got from my job, i have a mint one for mocking up so i dont scratch the mint one for the fix ups.

I saw the IGN & Ground connectors but i did not know if that would be good enough for them to power up or if those were only active when the lights were turned on.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
PureDrifter;1808906 said:
out of curiosity are those the 52mm gauges? They don't seem to fill the cutouts as much as the 60mm but look like they'd be easier to install?

Yes 52mm, They have gaps around them when you fit them in there, but if you angle them towards the driver they fit much better

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
i took the faces of the old gagues and flip them around and i'm using them to fill in the gaps, i have a hot glu gun to put them in place looks good so far but a lil messy. Good thing its EZ to clean up to just peel the dried glue

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
1-2clutch-u;1811839 said:
that thing sounds mean, I dont say that about 2.5 L's lol but man what did you use to cut the holes?

LOL, its a 1.5JZ so its got a 3L block... First 30-60 seconds it lopes pretty bad because of the cold, OEM computer and 550's dumping in fuel, after that its smooooth..... I used a dremel with a drill bit in it, it'll go thru the plastic and cut it fast, then i used sanding drums to smooth it out.

Mr Roundtree;1811858 said:
those are so nice, do that to my dash :D

i can, send me the cluster & the gauges you want installed :) PM me if your serious

HorchataKing

May 5, 2011
Monterey, CA
I'm looking to do something similar. Have you given any thought to replacing the tach and speedo? Also has anyone ever tried making complete custom clusters (PCBs, gauges, etc) that are direct fit for ours?

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
1-2clutch-u;1812254 said:
if your cheep ill send mine

PM sent

HorchataKing;1812273 said:
I'm looking to do something similar. Have you given any thought to replacing the tach and speedo? Also has anyone ever tried making complete custom clusters (PCBs, gauges, etc) that are direct fit for ours?

I have thought about it, but nothing out there i like to replace the OE ones