proper wire tuck on 86.5-92 supras

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
I think given proper input this could be a stickied thread...

I mean until you have done it, you are really just going through a guessing game... so a pros/cons/photo thread would be helpful to some...

I'll see if I can't get a photo this weekend... wait for a post edit....

---as for the 1JZ move the firewall hole to the driverside, well I did this, and sure it reached - after I custom fabbed some ECU brackets which rotated it 180, and I still needed an intermediary harness for the dash/chassis plugs... (fortunate to have a 1/2cut and a full parts car.) that area becomes tight quick - heater hose, throttle cable, brake lines, vac hoses...

---12V fuel pump mod helps clean up the passenger strut tower...

---by de looming the harness a little I managed to get the ignitor(+DLI) and injector moduale into the dash (I know my timing loop is now in there - probably a PITA later)

---Cruise control can be deleted and plugs pulled back into the drivers fender

---some people even move the fuse box - a little impracticle in my opinion - to inside the fender splash guard...

---battery relocate -- personal taste.... I passed in favour of a second battery...

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Mines tucked and I showed pics in my build thread
atuhe8aj.jpg

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
^^ yours is proper and either abes or Andy's is nice too, I feel guilty for not knowing who tho :(

How much is grimjacks bay tucked? It's clean as shit tho

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
^theres a bolt hole down on the frame rail farther back than subframe bolts that you can mount the igniter on. ;)

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
Gurley, can you comment on the removal of your heater check valve? Seems that would impair the AC and defrost ? I'd like to remove mine for looks, but I need defrost.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
scottiedawg66;1896149 said:
Gurley, can you comment on the removal of your heater check valve? Seems that would impair the AC and defrost ? I'd like to remove mine for looks, but I need defrost.

Im currently still looking into the issue. I removed it but noticed my dash getting really hot on long drives because of the heater core getting flow. I have put in a valve from a old tacoma but i believe its on the wrong side of the heater core. I live in AZ so I plan on having a manual valve I can switch twice a year.