project who said supras are to heavy for track cars

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
rodel;1602846 said:
Your Panasport G7 wheels caught my attention. I've been looking for them for a very long time. I'm still looking. Then I saw your Godfather bumper...so I Kept reading.

Very nice build thread...awesome, just like HKS_TRD's!

cheers.. these panas seem to go for cheap in states but if u keen on same sizes as me - there is a set on yahoo u could grab for about 2k delivered

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
havent updated this thread in a while but if anyone is still followign or eager for updates, ive ben buyign a few bits and pieces for it...

namely pfc 313x25mm rear rotors which ive designed brackets/hats that are currently gettign cnc'd up and in an attempt to shed alittle more weight and clean up the cabin, one of these suckers (picture isnt of mine)

steeringcolumn1.jpg

now to decide between a wilwoor or 600 series tilton pedal box

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
subscribed
look for a 60-1 pedal box ratio , lower will be hard to use

are you looking for a firewall or floor mounted??

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
uhmmm .... nice nice but you will find a problem
the problem will be the position of the brake pedal because that position is in the middle just where the steering column is, you can move the pedals to the left because to the right wil not be possible hehe .. the clutch pedal will be in the midle hehe, but at the left uhmm will be far of throtle so....
so see the space before buy it it is what Im saying
regards

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
steering wheel should squeeze between the arms on the pedal box..

on another note... copy and pasted from another forum...

After reading so many threads about how easy it is to bolt an a70 lsd into a hilux housing, and that its impossible to go the otherway round (ie, fit a hilux spool into an a70 housing), i decided to bite the bullet and give it a crack myself...

here is the findings to date. Note i only got the spool yesterday so its not installed and operating just yet..

pics are as it stands. note that both centres weigh exactly the same as pictured... therefore, if you bother goign this path to save weight (like myself), then you are saving the weight of the ring gear, the bolts attaching the ring gear and however much weld you pump into the open diff to lock it. all up approx 3.3kilos.

so whats required to make them fit... there is 3 areas that need addressing.

The ID of the hilux spool measures 34mm and the supra stub axles measure 34.93.. therfore you choose which item ud like to machine to suit. (I'll be boring out the spool)

next issue is the location and depth of the splines. the hilux centre has alot deeper spline section then the supra, therefore about 10mm will need to be removed from both sides of the spool.

The hilux centre runs a 45mm ID bearing, where as the supra runs a 50MM ID. therefore both spool journals will need to be sleeved. one sleeve as per pic 6 (this extends the bearign shoulder closer to the wheels) while on the otherside, 2mm ish will need to be machined from the shoulder to move it closer to the diff centre and a simple 45-50mm shim installed (could prob do a better job explaining that if need me)

those who have done previous research into this topic, there is no need to machine off 3mm of the crownwheel flange...

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

pic 6

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
process on supra is very slow to nill atm as im busy with work/uni so jealousy of josbeat's 6 speed sequential quaife had me thinking...

as much as id love a sequential - took the cheaper option and just bought a gforce gf4a...hopefully it will save me money in the long run by not havign to constantly repair r154s...

should have it in a week or 2 so will be keen to get it boted up to the 1j asap...

hopefully the 4 speed ratios work out and its not a descision i eventually regret

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
not yeat mate,

will be a fair way away from that.

concentrating on my other project car atm (1uz into a70) but will get the track supra up and runnign with the r154 to start will as its already all bolted up