*Project sideways supra*

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
jammasterstan;1308786 said:
Hey man more power to ya, I love what you have done with your build, you have actually given me some ideas as well. Im currently working on putting a 2jz-ge in my 88 mk3 later on im going to turbo it but im currently working on stripping down weight in the car while im waiting for parts in the mail, lolz. Im building my car for Gymkhana and drift racing.

Great work on your build, keep it up!

O right on.. Thanks alot for the support and compliments:icon_bigg.. That 88 with a 2jz should be a sweet build.. I love to see more mk3's out there at the track!! Gymkhana is pretty badass also.. I hope it really catches on here in the U.S.

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
NokaoiMK3;1309304 said:
-update

Installing new walbro today...

Put on new to me dentless front right fender...

More pics to come:)...
how did you manage to do it without me holding your hand? haha can't wait to hear that beast fire up!!!

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
-Little update
What the gas tank looked like when i dropped it.. Looks like i might of been the first one to drop it since it came off the line haha..
p1331300_1.jpg

Installed the new walbro...
p1331300_2.jpg

Cleaned up the tank a little bit before i put it back in the car..
p1331300_3.jpg

Engine bay startin to really look like its comin together..
p1331300_4.jpg

driftin_supra

May 7, 2009
tacoma wa
i have a 89 supra that im debating doing a jz swap or build a 7mgte, could you list the bill for the swap ? and awesome job looks really clean, and its gonna kill on the streets.

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
Thanks a lot for the compliments.. More pics to come soon..
driftin_supra;1331536 said:
i have a 89 supra that im debating doing a jz swap or build a 7mgte, could you list the bill for the swap ? and awesome job looks really clean, and its gonna kill on the streets.
In my personal opinion the jz motors are awesome but when you really start gettin into the swap you start realizing that your spending alot more money than you would if you were to just rebuild the 7m.. But if ya do have some coin and are a decent mechanic than the jz is the way to go... I would recomend getting a front clip too.. It would make it go alot smoother.. and prices.. Don't quote me on this but for a rebuild on a 7m its gunna be around a thousand mabe fifteen hundred.. where as a jz motor swap will run you on average atleast 3 to 4 grand so it is atleast twice what it would be to just do a rebuild on your 7m.. Please correct me if im wrong anyone..
mk3design;1331568 said:
Engine is looking good, are you gonna paint the bay all black though and get rid of the remaining red?
Haha of course i am.. All in due time tho.. After i get all the wiring worked out and the engine running good then i clean up the engine bay some more.. Go before show everytime haha.. But yeah it does look tacky all half painted like that..
j3pz;1331583 said:
ya getting all that dirt off the tank will def shave you some pounds. gl w/ your build
Haha your funny and thanks:biglaugh:

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
driftin_supra;1331536 said:

For drifting the 7M just can not handle the abuse. The JZ on the other hand LOVES the abuse. Go JZ if you are series about drifting. Actually go JZ anyways cause 7M's are giant pile of shit

Nokaoi - please do not get megan coilovers, you will regret it. Save up for something better. Or better yet, contact Tim at TIP. Good build so far

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
tErbo b00st;1331794 said:
For drifting the 7M just can not handle the abuse. The JZ on the other hand LOVES the abuse. Go JZ if you are series about drifting. Actually go JZ anyways cause 7M's are giant pile of shit

Nokaoi - please do not get megan coilovers, you will regret it. Save up for something better. Or better yet, contact Tim at TIP. Good build so far

lol apparently you haven't built a 7m the right way....

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Sick build! I really like it! Maybe you can come to STL for midnight madness and slide that tank! Keep it up man!

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
89Joe;1354424 said:
Sick build! I really like it! Maybe you can come to STL for midnight madness and slide that tank! Keep it up man!

Haha you better believe i will.. When i get a truck and a trailer i want to do alot of the big national comps.. Hopefully i will have atleast a tire sponsor by then haha.. :icon_razz

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
nice project u have got here. have been through the exact same thing :)

could i recommend a fuel cell - will save u 20ish kilos and eliminate fuel surge issues unless your going to run a surge tank