*Project sideways supra*

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Er... why did you put the motor in, THEN take the twins out?

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
shaeff;1253295 said:
Er... why did you put the motor in, THEN take the twins out?

Haha i know right?... Yeah when i put the motor in i was just gunna go with the BIC exhaust from the oem y-pipe back... Then when it came down to actually ordering the exhasut i decided just to go with the aftermarket y-pipe and downpipe with a BIC test pipe and then the RSR GT2 catback... so thats why that played out like that... But yeah it would of been sooo much easier if the motor was still out..

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
good thread.I would have taken the twins out with the motor out of the car to_Other thing that I didn't get is if it's a old car and it's for drifting why didn't you get a refurbished steering rack?I would have hands down

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
mrchomponthis;1253402 said:
agreed. but for some reason I like this build. :)

Thanks man! no where near done yet... in the future i plan on gettin a full cage some recaro's and probably some tein coilovers (havn't decided yet)... Ofcourse once i get some cash that 1jz is goin single.. Probably something like a GT35R:naughty:

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
MK3.0dudeman;1253418 said:
good thread.I would have taken the twins out with the motor out of the car to_Other thing that I didn't get is if it's a old car and it's for drifting why didn't you get a refurbished steering rack?I would have hands down

Yeah havn't decided what all im going to do with the rack yet.. I herd that you can swap it out with one from a 5.0 mustang to get more angle but idk.. but its also kinda one of those things where if it isn't broken don't fix it for me right now given that im on such a limited budget.. But eventually down the road im going to ungrade my rack setup along with the suspension and bushings ect..

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
NokaoiMK3;1253433 said:
Yeah havn't decided what all im going to do with the rack yet.. I herd that you can swap it out with one from a 5.0 mustang to get more angle but idk.. but its also kinda one of those things where if it isn't broken don't fix it for me right now given that im on such a limited budget.. But eventually down the road im going to ungrade my rack setup along with the suspension and bushings ect..

There are a couple mods that increase steering angle.Just search for them.

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
NokaoiMK3;1253417 said:
Haha i know right?... Yeah when i put the motor in i was just gunna go with the BIC exhaust from the oem y-pipe back... Then when it came down to actually ordering the exhasut i decided just to go with the aftermarket y-pipe and downpipe with a BIC test pipe and then the RSR GT2 catback... so thats why that played out like that... But yeah it would of been sooo much easier if the motor was still out..

and who told you that the twins were gonna be a bitch unless you took them out first? haha great build.....with my 7m gettin ready for the machine shop, you better watch out!!

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
TooGoode;1254215 said:
and who told you that the twins were gonna be a bitch unless you took them out first? haha great build.....with my 7m gettin ready for the machine shop, you better watch out!!

Haha yeah your 7m will be kickin some ass for the whole week or so that its runnin good... hahaha jk jk :sarcasm:.. yeah i can't wait till were mobin together to the pavs:naughty:

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
so i got the twins with the new y-pipe back on and i started hooking up the oil lines.. I got the front turbos lines on easy but the with the new y-pipe the rear one is just about imossible to fit with the hard lines... does anyone know any company that makes soft lines for the ct12's?... if not i will have to make my own...

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
NokaoiMK3;1254356 said:
Haha yeah your 7m will be kickin some ass for the whole week or so that its runnin good... hahaha jk jk :sarcasm:.. yeah i can't wait till were mobin together to the pavs:naughty:
lol an actual reliable 400+ hp with a clean ass engine bay is such a stretch for me...haha j/k........but yeah, two red mk3's with open dp's should scare away most of the ricers.....

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
So i decided that i wanted my interior to be red and black themed so i started with the door panels..
p1264704_1.jpg

p1264704_2.jpg

p1264704_3.jpg

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
I removed all the unused wires from my chassis harness for the a/c, cruise control, ect..
p1264708_1.jpg

Cleaned up the intake pipes a little.. tryin to get rid of that cast grey look a little bit..
p1264708_2.jpg

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
So before i put back in my dash support bar i decided to spray it red... it had a decent amount of surface rust on it..
p1264712_1.jpg

p1264712_2.jpg

p1264712_3.jpg

p1264712_4.jpg

I think it turned out pretty good..

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
terror;1264724 said:
what did you do to polish the intake pipes

I just sanded them smooth with some like 60 grit first and then some like 220 grit and then some like 1000 grit.. then just went at them with a polishing pad and polish.. I did kinda of a half ass job tho cus im going to go single soon enough hopefully:sarcasm:..