*Project sideways supra*

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
Wiisass;1264821 said:
What's with all these "drift" car builds with nothing needed for drifting.

Please remove anything related to drifting from your thread title until you get coilovers, slam the car and put sweet wheels on...at a minimum.

notice it says BUILD THREAD not, im some guy with alot of money and buys/puts all his parts on at one time.....jake has plans with the suspension, rims and other "things needed to drift." Don't worry it will get there, the main priority was getting in a 1j and lightening the car...

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
TooGoode;1264932 said:
notice it says BUILD THREAD not, im some guy with alot of money and buys/puts all his parts on at one time.....jake has plans with the suspension, rims and other "things needed to drift." Don't worry it will get there, the main priority was getting in a 1j and lightening the car...

Well there's not even talk of what he's going to do for suspension besides a passing mention of maybe doing coilovers.

The engine and taking weight out of the car are good things to do, but if you don't do suspension, diff and steering stuff, the car is going to suck to drift.

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
Wiisass;1265020 said:
Well there's not even talk of what he's going to do for suspension besides a passing mention of maybe doing coilovers.

The engine and taking weight out of the car are good things to do, but if you don't do suspension, diff and steering stuff, the car is going to be harder to drift..

*Fixed

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
Good one. You got me there.

The cars going to suck without suspension work. Face it. This is why everyone thinks that supras can't drift. It's not because they can't, it's because people don't do it right.

My brother's car with a stock 7m with the turbo on the way out, my steering spacers and my coilovers and a welded diff and good wheels and tires and the car stripped down to 3000 lbs was pretty fun. I mean obviously it could've used a lot more power, but you don't need it. It felt good.

Then I drove another supra that made a little more power and was on a crappy suspension and the car was horrible. Horrible. Like undrivable. The car was all over the place, it didn't do anything right, it sucked.

So you can keep going with this "drift" build. Or start thinking about the important things and make this a good build.

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
Wiisass;1264821 said:
What's with all these "drift" car builds with nothing needed for drifting.

Please remove anything related to drifting from your thread title until you get coilovers, slam the car and put sweet wheels on...at a minimum.

I hear ya.. yeah it just what justin said i only have so much money at one time.. but i do have rediculous plans for the supra.. The reason why i havn't said what coilovers and dif im going with it because i havn't decided yet.. but yes down the road it will have some sweet staggered 18's, probably some tein coilovers.. and most likely the kaaz 2-way for my diff.. and of course ill be puttin a cage in there.. I also want to replace all the suspension and subframe bushings... get some larger sway bars.. Yeah there is still a ton of stuff i need to get done before its up to real drift car status.. but this is just my build of what ive gotten done so far up to date.. But if you want to give me some coilovers and sweet rims i will gladly put them on:naughty:

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
Some more pics..
The new y-pipe is installed... what a pain in the ass...
p1276742_1.jpg

1jz comin back together..
p1276742_2.jpg

All the rust that has been found to date on the car...
Found this when removing some of the sound deadening material under the drivers seat..
p1276742_3.jpg

Hard to see in the pic but there is rust under the paint.. this is on the drivers side..
p1276742_4.jpg

This is also forming under the paint... this is on the passenger side rear wheel well...
p1276742_5.jpg

mk3design

The Name is Snakes
Jul 1, 2006
Arizona
Sand the one on the wheel well down with 80 grit on a orbital sander.. It looks like its small enough not to be all the way through.

Cool build!

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
mk3design;1277062 said:
Sand the one on the wheel well down with 80 grit on a orbital sander.. It looks like its small enough not to be all the way through.

Cool build!

Yeah thanks that probably what im going to do today is sand down all those rust spots and see how bad they really are... But thanks for the advice:icon_bigg

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
New muffler came in.. Megan Racing.. 3" inlet 4" tip..
p1303822_1.jpg

p1303822_2.jpg

Sanded down the rear quarter to see how deep the rust went.. Not too bad luckily..
p1303822_3.jpg

Fixed the rust spot in the floor.. and primered it...
p1303822_4.jpg

Put back in under dash harness/fuseboxes..
p1303822_5.jpg

p1303822_6.jpg

Connected the ma70 harness to the 1jz ecu harness..
p1303822_7.jpg

Taped and prepped for paint..
p1303822_8.jpg

First coat of primer.. It goes on so thin..
p1303822_9.jpg

Finished with the primer..
p1303822_10.jpg

First coat of red.. (rustoleum sunrise red ftw haha:))
p1303822_11.jpg

Finished with the red..
p1303822_12.jpg

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
TooGoode;1303902 said:
lookin good bro, can't wait to fire her up once your fuel pump is here!! haha

Yeah me too... But yeah I just ordered the fuel pump through driftmotion... I did the 2 day air shipping so it should be here by tuesday.. I also ordered an sweet new catch can..

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
yeah, mkiii's are generally pretty nasty when you start tearin them apart for the first time.. lookin good though. at least your dude used duct tape- my supra came with masking tape colored with sharpie under the hood! hahaha

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
zambini;1303935 said:
yeah, mkiii's are generally pretty nasty when you start tearin them apart for the first time.. lookin good though. at least your dude used duct tape- my supra came with masking tape colored with sharpie under the hood! hahaha

Hey thanks man... And wow masking tape on the engine... thats right up there with the duct tape hahaha:nono:

supraslow!

Apr 7, 2009
Virginia
MONSTER !! sweet you are officially my inspiration basically have the same goals lucky you started already and are doing awesome keep it up DRIFTING WOOT!!!

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
supraslow!;1304418 said:
MONSTER !! sweet you are officially my inspiration basically have the same goals lucky you started already and are doing awesome keep it up DRIFTING WOOT!!!

Wow thats quite a compliment! I don't think ive been anyone's inspiration before... So if your building a drifter too then you will like mine alot better after i get my megan coilovers and my 6 point cage.. hopefully also a gt35r in the future...

jammasterstan

Sep 5, 2008
Cincinnati
Hey man more power to ya, I love what you have done with your build, you have actually given me some ideas as well. Im currently working on putting a 2jz-ge in my 88 mk3 later on im going to turbo it but im currently working on stripping down weight in the car while im waiting for parts in the mail, lolz. Im building my car for Gymkhana and drift racing.

Great work on your build, keep it up!