Project Maroon 7M NA-T. Finally reborn.

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
mk3-4-me;1628962 said:
p1632141_1.jpg

what year is your car? are those 3 knock sensors? Mine only has 2, its an 87 though so its probably different...

Its a NA block that was converted to Turbo With Turbo Electronics etc. The Na block uses 1 Knock Sensor placed in the middle like you see above. When you convert a block to use for turbo you tap the two turbo knock sensor holes (outer two in picture) my guess is that the NA knock sensor was just left in the block.

Supradude7mgte

Throttle happy teenager..
Oct 14, 2008
Norfolk VA
BJ91T;1632141 said:
Its a NA block that was converted to Turbo With Turbo Electronics etc. The Na block uses 1 Knock Sensor placed in the middle like you see above. When you convert a block to use for turbo you tap the two turbo knock sensor holes (outer two in picture) my guess is that the NA knock sensor was just left in the block.

yup, if i ever need another sensor, itll be there. But what stumps me, is all three were hooked up when i took the motor out originally.... hafta look into that more

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Supradude7mgte;1632086 said:
Hell yea man, this is my masterpiece, if you were to ask me what my main focus has been on in the past 3 years, its this car. Sacrificed soo much already just to get it this far. Ive put so much energy in this car.

The chassis is a 1991 but the motor is a Frankenstein of a couple years. There was 3 knock sensors on the previous motor, but i only hooked up the regular 2 sensors as i could not find the extra clip on the wiring harness.

Supradude7mgte;1632375 said:
yup, if i ever need another sensor, itll be there. But what stumps me, is all three were hooked up when i took the motor out originally.... hafta look into that more

If all three were hooked up it was hacked that way. No MKIII came with three knock sensors. Use the outer two and you're golden. I'd pull the center one out as there's no use for it.