Project Git 'er done!: Stages 1, 2…now 3.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
lol stock everything else though haha. all i have is tokicko whites,2jzge,aem stuff,used cummins turbo. haha you have the legit 7m original build with modern goodies. had i been smart like you can bought a 7mgte from the start i wouldnt have swapped a 7mge w58 4.30 open diff to turbo everything

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
This build Is sick I just went through all the pages. I am planning on revamping all my bushings soon.

Hey did you get that rack from rock auto

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Nah, I got it from Autozone, actually.
Often time with autozone, you can get silly-big discounts from promo codes.
When I returned the core to a local store, the guy had to check his math 3 times, because my core refund was larger than the cost of the part.
:)

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
supraguy@aol;1898947 said:
Nah, I got it from Autozone, actually.
Often time with autozone, you can get silly-big discounts from promo codes.
When I returned the core to a local store, the guy had to check his math 3 times, because my core refund was larger than the cost of the part.

Been following your thread for some time now and I gotta say you've done some really amazing work to this car and I hope mine comes out half as good as yours is at this point in time.

That being said, one of the first things I plan to do to my 87 is a new rack and probably other PS gear as the original that is on the car right now is leaking really badly. These promo codes you speak of... where would one find such codes, if you'd be so kind as to share them with us common folk sir.

Thanks in advance,

-Taylor

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
The promo codes are available to us common folk, no secrets. Its always at the top of the home page.
I mis-spoke when i said Autozone, it was advance. Last month, the special was free shipping, 25% off orders over $100, AND a $50 gift card. This month, it looks like 15% off the entire order. Code DEM11

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Well, Here we are.
20th of December, and only 24 hours left till the Mayan ass-kicking happens.
But unfortunately, I didn't come even close to completing my restoration. As it progressed, I got deeper and deeper into each and every detail,
so the pace dropped off, right from the get-go.
I will continue to build the car, though. On the offchance that either the Mayans were wrong, or The Man Upstairs decides to grant us all an extension.
Thanks to ycode90 for the patch harness. I decided to buy this, since it will save me from having to cut or connect to anything at all on the new harness.

2012-12-19_18-37-05_165.jpg
Scotch T-tap connectors, yes.
Best way to make a splice? No.
But I really don't care if the wires here receive any damage, unlike the engine harness.

Last edited:

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Sorry guys-
I don't mean to be so slow with progress on my build.
I haven't had much time to do the sandblasting on parts over at my friend's house, but I'm almost done with that.
All the small parts have been done, like:
engine mounts, throttle body, ps and alt. mounts/adjusters
coolant pipes, vac pipes, egr regulator holder, etc.
All that's left is the big parts- the valve covers, and the intake manifold itself. Those are to be powdercoated wrinkle black, while some of
the other parts will be either satin black, powdered satin clear, or yellow chromate plated.

In the meantime, I bought these from a local guy for $80.

2012-12-31_13-58-50_559.jpg
I replaced the somewhat rusty original bolts with ss units, but other than that, they look good.

Last edited: