Project Daily Drifter (56k... probably not)

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I just looked at Canton's site for information about filter change intervals, and found that they filter down to 8 microns, have an anti-drain back valve, do not have a bypass valve (but flow a large amount of oil), and the elements can be changed every 7-10k miles. Each filter screen is ~17 from Canton, which isn't bad

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Moy;1625188 said:
yeah I hear that. I'll likely be using the space behind the grill that sits between the bumper and nose panel to fit my stock oil cooler and use it as a power steering cooler. it fits perfectly in there

just get 90 to 92 vs wiht fins works great

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Finally did work!

I lowered the car after it took 4 fricken months to get my springs back from the powder-coater!

It's tuckin a bit in the front and when the rears settle it'll be low there to hahaha

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I need to set the perch on the D/S rear lower and also pull the D/S front shock and put the boot on there because I forgot...

But I have to lift the damn car by the pinch welds. My jack isn't low pro enough to get to the frame rails

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Ask and you shall receive! It looks a lot lower in person... But I legit have to jack the car by the pinch welds now >.<

p1662088_1.jpg

p1662088_2.jpg

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I raised up the front a little bit I hate the slammed look for my car haha

I need to buy some Port and Polish kits from Standard Abrasives to do my intake manifold and cylinder head haha

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Update! I finished up most of my oil cooler lines and am finally finishing the CPS rebuild. I just need to peen the pin that holds the gear in place.

I also picked up a turbo for my future plans. It's a Holset HX40G, 8 blade compressor (minor), bearing cartridge is oil only. Anti-surge compressor housing stock. T4 divided 17cm^2 (~1.29A/R) exhaust housing with 4" vband downpipe flange.

I plan on modifying an ebay manifold to go undivided on it and then use a Sound Performance QSV to cut spool time. I will also be purchasing a Bullseye Power custom housing in the form of T4 divided inlet, 4" vband outlet, 0.96 A/R or 1.0x A/R, externally wastegated.

With that setup, I hope to hit high 600's at the wheels :)

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
Nice build. Quick question......... The pic on your first page of the oil pan, there's crap on the bottom. What is that? I had that same crap and couldnt figure out what it was

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
suprastroker88;1695847 said:
Nice build. Quick question......... The pic on your first page of the oil pan, there's crap on the bottom. What is that? I had that same crap and couldnt figure out what it was

The "crap" on the bottom... the copper stuff. That's bearing material haha

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
Damn. So that's what happened............... I think one of my main bearings went out then because when I checked my rods bearings, they were all still there and in new condition. Thanks for that info

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
no problem. you can see the condition of some of the bearings, how rough and messed up they were. I spun a few bearings