Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Did a little sanding and polishing of the battery box today. The sides could be better, but the top is mirror quality finish. I also drilled some new holes in the top and bottom of the battery box so I could move it to where it should be, 2 1/2" forward, without having to drop my gas tank and drill new holes in my floor. Since I have 2 holes in the top of my battery box now, I don't need the side vent tube anymore, so that went in the trash (although the hole still remains, which is fine since it's extra ventilation). Lastly I trimmed off the extra tube that bolts to the side of the intake manifold and isn't hooked to anything.

Last edited:

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Nice!!:icon_bigg Short dyno pull though!:icon_razz But good numbers, considering you're still on the stock ecu. You should make it to 500, with the stand-alone and more fuel.
Get ready, the car will be ("get in trouble" ) fast!:biglaugh::naughty:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Just pulled off the brake rotors and calipers all around. Discovered my drivers side parking brake assembly is slightly broken, so I'll have to fix that. Looks like I'm missing a pin for the front shoe. I'll work on it more later, but I just got another Supra (my friends) that I am going to fix the BHG on, so that's next on the list of things to do.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Put a 2nd coat of paint on the brakes, they look better. I'll let them dry for a couple days before I put them back on. The flushmounts have been removed and I ground down part of the light bracket that I keep getting cut on. I also put on some JB Weld to hold my light adjusters in place so they don't move while I'm adjusting them. I removed the lights, or in the case of my HID lights I moved them out of the way. Next step is to do a little grinding and then a lot reinforcing. I'm contemplating selling my old flushmount boxes since I won't be needing them anymore and will be making something much much better.

Last edited:

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
What type of battery are you using? Cant advise that you have a standard battery vented inside the cockpit area. Also if you ever take it to a track or strip it wont pass tech.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got the intake manifold piece that is next to the head removed and cleaned up (god that thing was dirty) as well as putting on my cooling gasket :D I also installed my brake calipers all but the back left since I still have to repair the e-brake assembly, although the back left caliper is hooked back up to the brake line.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I replaced the cruise control switch with a fresh one from the parts car, replaced the upper guage cluster trim piece (screws into the top of the dash), and the drivers side door sill panel. I also just bought a Wilwood front BBK with only 3000 miles on it for a hell of a deal

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Just got done swapping out my old front speaker pods that had some aftermarket speakers in them (which were installed shittily) with ones from the parts car that has cleanly installed Eclipse speakers. Weather pending, tomorrow I'll swap the rear speaker pods since they also have Eclipse speakers in them.