Project Cherry Widebody, finished! (New pics on post #451 and #511)

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Additional teaser pics. (if you missed the other teaser pics click here http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=788756&postcount=148
IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

Last edited:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
damn that thing has a nice set of hips.

im assuming you guys are going to extend the wing a bit, but yea you guys are all confidential about that subject so i'll have to wait to find out.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I tested out the LED tails today. The brightness is adjustable, but I took a photo of the brake lights at max :evil2:
The stock center lens will go back, but is not shown. The rear wing won't be widened or extended. We're keeping it kind of Porsche-style, to leave the rear fender bulges shown and looking bigger.
Also, I'm going to leave the doors stock for now since the Lambo kit would be huge trouble to get working.
led1.jpg

led2.jpg

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
sweetlikechutny said:
wow...the tails are perfect!
Thanks! I was very excited to see them on the car today. I was hoping that using long wide lines of LED's would complement the widebody rear, and it does add to the wide look. In real life, the car looks bigger and more amazing than these photos show. I'll will create a video of the car when it's complete to try to show how the car looks in real life. I'd like to get some smokey side drift clips in there, but I'm not sure how easy that will be on what may be the stickiest street tires ever made. :naughty:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
if you're gonna do the lambo doors, go after the S2 kit... it's not cheap but it's made to work specificaly on our cars...

looks really good, might have to do the LED on my car as well...

how much did it cost you overall?

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
Wow i must admit. At first i wasn't to keen on the look of the lights, but after seeing them on the car...THEY ARE AMAZING. Thye do make it look wider for sure. I want some now...lol, AWESOME JOB man, many congrats keep it up!

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Poodles said:
if you're gonna do the lambo doors, go after the S2 kit... it's not cheap but it's made to work specificaly on our cars...looks really good, might have to do the LED on my car as well...how much did it cost you overall?
I'd get the S2 kit but paying $4k is so extreme! The LED build cost about $300+ for parts (using only the best parts), and many nights of labor, maybe 50 hours total since I've never done it before and made lots of errors along the way.

IJ: Good plan. Got any of your old comparison photos? :)

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 245