Project Cherry Widebody, finished! (New pics on post #451 and #511)

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Boost Lee;1100731 said:
Say, Didn't you hear? Rumor has it he spent all of his lifetime funds to create such a beautiful visual appearance, that he forgot to invest in a motor. ...........:biglaugh:Jeff
Yeah, it's just a rolling chassis that I push around. :biglaugh: I will paint the engine bay some other time, perhaps if I pull the motor sometime down the road. It is still white and not worth showing off just yet. It does however put down 393rwhp at 17psi on the street:evil2: I'd like to do a burnout or parking lot drift video but I'm not sure how easy it will be to spin these huge meats.

I'm really glad you guys like the car. I built it for myself to fulfill a dream, but the extra appreciation from you guys makes the investment that much more worthwhile.

Last edited:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
tekdeus;1100783 said:
Yeah, it's just a rolling chassis that I push around. :biglaugh: I will paint the engine bay some other time, perhaps if I pull the motor sometime down the road. It is still white and not worth showing off just yet. It does however put down 393rwhp at 17psi on the street:evil2: I'd like to do a burnout or parking lot drift video but I'm not sure how easy it will be to spin these huge meats.

Touche. LOL :biglaugh:

393 @ 17psi...What are you, on a healthy tuned upgraded CT or barely sneezing a big turbo's capabilities? ;)

Sorry if I missed that. I think everyone's been so focused on your body,
your engine was sort of forgotten.

Also, you look like you've got some fat ones out back. What, 315mm?

Jeff

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Boost Lee;1100791 said:
Touche. LOL :biglaugh:
393 @ 17psi...What are you, on a healthy tuned upgraded CT or barely sneezing a big turbo's capabilities? ;) Sorry if I missed that. I think everyone's been so focused on your body, your engine was sort of forgotten. Also, you look like you've got some fat ones out back. What, 315mm? Jeff
It's a low-mile JDM 7MGTE with a garrett 57-trim CT, lex, 550's, SAFC, etc. running 94 octane. The rear tires are 295's, but with these 3-piece wheels, I could get a larger rear inside lip to fit a fatter tire. Might fit a 315 or 335!

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
tekdeus;1100783 said:

I'm really glad you guys like the car. I built it for myself to fulfill a dream, but the extra appreciation from you guys makes the investment that much more worthwhile.
Fulfilling your dream opens up new ones for the rest of us! I would like to do that to mine after the engine is done. Great job, as I said before I think your
effort on this project sets a high standard for everyone, yours is the best
looking SUPRA I have ever seen.

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
I LOVE the hood......sad it used to be mine no more MK3 I have a MK4 now, widebody looks good. Also shouldn't have a problem spinnin 295's I do with same power but 19psi on my stock twins.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
SidewayzSupra;1100995 said:
I LOVE the hood......sad it used to be mine no more MK3 I have a MK4 now, widebody looks good. Also shouldn't have a problem spinnin 295's I do with same power but 19psi on my stock twins.

Sad it used to be MY hood :icon_razz

We need to go cruising now Brad! :icon_bigg

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
Wow!!!! it came out really really good Tekdeus. I would love to see some pictures when it's dark enough to see you leds really well.
Thanks for all your help before. Keep it up.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
You got yourself a real nice car!!

I would be careful burning rubber off onto that new paint, when ever I have excess smoke from my tires I get some hot rubber on the paint behind the tire. It would suck to have that nice paint be ate up by some silly burnouts.

Good luck.

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
absolutely the greatest looking supra anywhere in the world. You really can't compare to how pristine it looks. I would just sit here and compliment your car forever and also look at it non-stop. Awesome job you guys did on completing this car.

-Brad

kunfusion

Feb 17, 2008
Indiana
If you notice any abnormal sounds the next time you drive it somewhere, thats just me humping your car... I promise to call it in the morning too... In all seriousness, thats beautiful. Very good job.

doribacas

Mar 25, 2008
california
Nice car you have thee I just wanted to know what brand and model are those rims
tekdeus;1089776 said:
Mouldings are repainted and now installed, along with front grills and LED clear sidemarkers. These pics were taken today during a local meet at the BIC shop. Randy has got some much better photos he will upload soon as well. It's generating some intrigue on the streets. In slow traffic people are rolling down their windows and asking me "what is it?". I'm also noticing more tailgaters, possibly wanting a closer look or to find a badge revealing it's make.
Build4 003.jpg

Build4 016.jpg

Build4 006.jpg

Local guys at the BIC meet today:
Build4 011.jpg

Build4 013.jpg

Build4 014.jpg

Build4 018.jpg

Build4 019.jpg

LED tails turn up orange with my camera. They are actually intense red.
Build4 027.jpg

Aftermarket Mistubishi EVO LED sidemarkers:
Build4 023.jpg

HID's
Build4 034.jpg