progress of my car

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Thanks CK!

LMAO @ the harness!

When I had mine out and the Wolf one ready to install I sat there in a PILE of wires wondering if it'd ever run again!

Good luck and take some more pics please!

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Semi Major hurdle crossed today! Pluged in my standalone, and read voltages off the sensors... all were within spec! so that means (so far) my wiring is good!

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
How do the welds look on the Wasabi? Looks like it is braced pretty good...any weak points that may potentially crack?

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Welded perfectly. and no no places that it might crack... it is very high quality

Oh... and my turbo in now in the mail... I am hoping on 2 weeks before she runs!

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Ckanderson said:
Semi Major hurdle crossed today! Pluged in my standalone, and read voltages off the sensors... all were within spec! so that means (so far) my wiring is good!
LOL I can sympathise with this CK it's a bit of a daunting job and all it takes is one (1) bad connection to stop it all from running! (Ask me how I know this) ;)

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
CK, why did you go standalone? I thought the IJ ECUs were fairly robust and could handle most everthing with a couple of piggy backs.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Because it was offered to me at a price that was VERY hard to say no to. Plus I wanted the ability to change all the parameters. Plus... how many people do you know with a 1jz with a standalone... not many... With this unit I can do SO many different things.. it's crazy. plus I can program in a lean run mode for freeway cruising (17.0:1) so ill get hella good gas milage.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
17.0:1? Won't you blow something going that high above stoich? Most of the high hp guys, during power runs, run rich - about 11.8:1, and "perfect" stoichometeric measurement is 14.7:1. Above that is supposed to be lean. At 17, wouldn't your EGTs be skyrocketing?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Okay. :D I just didn't want to see anyone's MkIII get "blow'd up". I love these cars.
I just thought that decell would be safe, but cruising still would put enough load on the engine to matter at that AFR. How's 'bout this: Make sure you have wideband and a bad-ass pyrometer if you don't already?